thinking about 3.90's or 4.10s

mike01svt

Established Member
what do you all think... In about 6 months i will be putting down about 530+ rwhp... as it is it is a bitch to get traction with the stockers and I am only at 480... i am only gonna run drag radials and am not going to go solid rear.. which ones should i go with.. this car sees the track about 1 time every 5 months.. not really a drag car.

99cobrajms

Established Member
I had 4.10 and switched to 3.73. I got about 550 RWHP. I like the 3.73s much better for my SC'd cobra. No opinion about 3.90s.

J.

mike01svt

Established Member
damn bro.. how did you pick up those torque numbers... LOL

I am getting longtubes later... which hopefully will let me pick up 40 or so rwtq.. what do you think?? also getting forged vt engines block before the lt's i cant get my nittos to hook either, but dont want solid rear for slicks... how long and what psi do you run em at? btw i all prolly get 3.90s

dtd01svt

Established Member
UUHHH!!! Where would you find some 3.90's? Thats what I wanted but couldnt find them anywhere.

mike01svt

Established Member
not sure... i heard that they were a new gear ratio that was out... i will look around.

99cobrajms

Established Member
Run NITTOs at 16-18 but hopping is a MFr still. So my next project is solid axle. I added the LTs when I had my re-build done. The D-1SC is a strong beast. I am also still running CATs!

Add your LTs when the engine is out for sure! I am also running SHM Blower CAMs.

mike01svt

Established Member
cool.. thanks for the info... i was planning on viper spec trans, but i think i will just keep mine and run 3.90's... 5th will revv low enough.

Users who are viewing this thread