Thinkin about some gears for the 04 Gt

Mingoman

Token GM Technician
Established Member
Im thinkin about some gears for the gt.
I know I want 4:10s...but I know they might not be the wiser choice.
help sway me in the right direction :idea:

I will be doing the install myself, and warranty is NOT an issue here.

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
I think with the way your car is geared you may want 3.73. The only way I would ever run 4.10s is if I had a 6speed. Just my opinon tho.

Mingoman

Token GM Technician
Established Member
Thanks for the reply!
4:10s steep in your car mjzilinski?
Keep the opinions comin'.

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
They are ok, when I am accelerating normall though I seem to shift outta first gear in about 2 seconds. I like em though, I can cruise on the E-way going 80 and only pushing 2600rpms.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Depends how much highway driving you do. For an around town car, the 4.10s would really wake it up. On the highway, it wouldn't be pleasant on long cruises. I love the 4.10s in my car. 2nd gear is a pleasure. When I pulley the car, it will be insane.

For comparison, I went from a 3.42 to a 3.92 in my IROC Camaro and I thought that helped tremendously in that car. Half a point is a big enough jump that you will notice the difference. What's stock in the GT? 3.27s? If so, going to 3.73s would make a large difference. Don't forget about 3.90s if you can't decide between 3.73s and 4.10s.

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
I just got 4.10s in my car last friday! I love the change! :banana: However I do have a slight whine when holding my speed steady at around 40-50 mph. :dw: Hopefully it will go away after the follow up oil change. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread