think you can figure this out?

pacific4v

Established Member
How much hp u making N/A? What fuel pump is in it and how old is it? Just because fuel pressure is good doesn't mean fuel volume is. It might not produce enough fuel volume at the higher rpms. How old is ur fuel filter?

carkrazy

Nitrous Junkie!
Established Member
How much hp u making N/A? What fuel pump is in it and how old is it? Just because fuel pressure is good doesn't mean fuel volume is. It might not produce enough fuel volume at the higher rpms. How old is ur fuel filter?

400 rwhp. 3 year old svt focus pump and new fuel filter... i know what you are saying but if that was the case it would do it all the time not just during aggressive shifting. like i said before, if i baby shift it she pulls clean all the way to 7500rpm in every gear with the A/F at 12.8-13.0. it's only when i get aggressive with the shifting that it starts to break up and backfire. and it does it mostly from first to second gear. it hardly does it in third because it doesnt hit as hard as the first to second shift.

bergz22

Established Member
It starts to go lean, how lean? And do you still stay into it and what happens, and if you let off when it goes lean what happens.

carkrazy

Nitrous Junkie!
Established Member
It starts to go lean, how lean? And do you still stay into it and what happens, and if you let off when it goes lean what happens.

well, that's the thing the air fuel meter shows lean (15.0-17.0) however, that could be a false reading from it breaking up and the backfiring.

Last edited:

carkrazy

Nitrous Junkie!
Established Member
Make sure injectors are pulsating and ignition is giving off enough spark

i do have used 42lb injectors in it but i got them off my buddies lightning and they were running perfect. definately will look into that as well.

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
How much fuel was in it when this happened? 96-01 tanks don't have baffles. Could be cavatating. Check the fuel sock and change the fuel filter. Did Ronnie disable the knock sensors or reduce the sensitivty?

-Mark

carkrazy

Nitrous Junkie!
Established Member
How much fuel was in it when this happened? 96-01 tanks don't have baffles. Could be cavatating. Check the fuel sock and change the fuel filter. Did Ronnie disable the knock sensors or reduce the sensitivty?

-Mark
I thought about the low fuel in the tank so i filled it up but it still does the same crap. I did change the fuel filter but i haven't checked the pump or sock. The knock sensors are not disabled. i didn't know you could reduce the sensitivity but that's something i should look into. I'm going to drop the tank tomorrow to take a look. I modified the fuel canister just like yours mark and im running a focus pump.

Users who are viewing this thread