Think it's time to let it go

dstow13

Established Member
Hey guys so I'm thinking about selling my 2014 GT. I enjoy driving the car but I feel like it's time to move on and get out of the modifying world. This is not a financial thing. I can absolutely afford the car and pay it off now if I want to but I don't feel like putting more money into it and move on. It disgusts me how much money has been put into it without even having a built engine or tranny lol. My enlistment is up in a year and I'm still on the fence whether to reenlist or not. If I don't reenlist then I wouldn't want a car payment. I owe $12,000 on it and like I said I could pay that off now but the car isn't practical as an everyday car as I only get 15mpg and that's driving like an old person. Only used AMSOIL Signature Series Oil and oil filters. I just want y'alls opinion on what I can get for my car. The car has never been raced either. The car will also come with 12 AMSOIL EA017 oil filters.

So a little about the car:
*2014 GT base Black M6 with 41,500 miles. Perfect condition. Just recently had it fully detailed with 3 layers of ceramic coating. Interior is great too.
*2.8LC Kenne Bell (Everything stock about it : pulley & TB)
*Kooks 1 3/4 long tubes, Kooks O/R H pipe, Lethal Gen2 Over Axle Pipes, 13-14 GT500 Magnaflow Race Series quads, (also have Corsa Quads and GT500 quads)
*Moroso Coolant Tank powder coated black
*Redline Hood Struts
*ID 1000s
*Peterson Catch Can
*BMR Lowering Springs ( 1.5" )
*Koni Yellow Struts
*Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates
*Viking Double Adjustable Shocks
*BMR double adjustable DOM LCA's with rod ends
*BMR adjustable DOM UCA with spherical bushings
*BMR UCA mount
*BMR double adjustable Chrome Moly PHB with rod ends
*BMR Rear Sway Bar, adjustable SB042
*BMR Front Sway Bar, adjustable SB041
*Ford Racing front and rear sway bars not installed but will come with car.
*DSS Aluminum Driveshaft
*MGW Racespec second version
*Speed Dawgs Ford Racing shift ball
*Alcantara shift boot, E-brake boot, arm rest cover
*Removed all chrome from interior (except from volume and ac controls)
*WeatherTech mats
*RTR decklid panel with RTR lettering removed
*GT500 rear valance
*Shorty antenna
*GT500 spoiler
*Ceramic Window Tint on all windows except windshield
*Roush Upper grille
*Roush lower grille delete
*Velgen VMB5 20x9 & 20x10.5 Matte Gunmetal wrapped in NITTO NT05 in front and NT05R in rear
*13-14 GT500 front and rear brakes with braided steel lines and GT500 booster AMSOIL DOT 4 Fluid
*Exedy Mach 500 clutch with braided steel line AMSOIL DOT 4 Fluid
*Spec Billet Aluminum flywheel with ARP bolts
*Speed of Sound triple a pillar gauge pod
*Ford Racing Boost Gauge
*Aeroforce Duel Interceptor Gauges
*Upgraded All interior and exterior lights to LED's
*SCT X4 with AED dyno tune
*Kenne Bell tuner
*All receipts and log book of everything that's been done to the car
*I have pretty much all of the stock parts too.

I'm sure I am forgetting some things. There's too much lol.

Last edited:

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
Sounds like a clean car, but I'd be surprised to see you get $35k. I've had my twin turbo car for sale locally for $28k with proven 9sec time slips and haven't had a serious offer yet. I don't have all the cosmetic parts you do, but I've got a ton into it

dstow13

Established Member
If somebody offered me 30K right now I'd take that in a heart beat. There's nothing wrong with the car at all I'm just thinking about where I'm going to be in a year since I'm so unsure of staying in the military or not. I don't drive the car anymore but once a week. If it was a boss or GT500 I would keep the car since it'll keep its value but it's just a plain GT lol. Where have you listed your car?

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
Just local IG pages and whatnot. I love the car but I'm being transferred up to Washington in a couple months and its going to turn into a garage queen.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
It will still be tough. To drop $8-10k on a mustang and maybe get $1-3k over its value is a miracle at most. Also a lot of people will always think that you beat the car though for some it's not true. Best would be to put it back to stock as best as you can and then sell.
How many years do you have in? If 10+ years, I would definitely stay in. The next 10 or less will fly by.

q6543

Established Member
I have a SICK 14 gt...no kenne bell though.

I didn't get 1 call priced at 20k, you MIGHT see 20-22k.

GBCoyote

Established Member
Modifications don't bring up value. Take it to a car dealership and they can only offer what the car books for, usually less. Take the mods off, sell separately and you may be able to recoup some of your money that way.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Just local IG pages and whatnot. I love the car but I'm being transferred up to Washington in a couple months and its going to turn into a garage queen.

Even better. Buy a beater truck, anything from a 90's Cherokee to a F150 to daily.

You'll then appreciate the Mustang even more.

Or as others said, part it out.

It's a previous generation car and you are going to have to advertise a lot more then regionally to find that one specific buyer looking for that combo, willing to pay that money and actually has money.

dstow13

Established Member
I guess another reason why I am thinking about selling it is that I have lost motivation to continue to work on it. I'll think about putting it back to stock as I have the stock exhaust and suspension stuff but I no longer have the stock intake so I might have to leave the supercharger on unless I can find a used stock one. I'd also have to buy new injectors and possibly spark plugs but that shouldn't be too expensive. I just keep going back and forth on whether to sell it or keep it. This would be my first time selling a car so maybe that's a reason why I'm so indecisive.

dstow13

Established Member
It will still be tough. To drop $8-10k on a mustang and maybe get $1-3k over its value is a miracle at most. Also a lot of people will always think that you beat the car though for some it's not true. Best would be to put it back to stock as best as you can and then sell.
How many years do you have in? If 10+ years, I would definitely stay in. The next 10 or less will fly by.

I've only been in for 5 years. I like my job (Avionics on the Global Hawk) but I don't really care for the AF side of it. There's so much BS that we deal with that isn't necessary. I know there is BS in all jobs but it's pretty crazy. Practically no one reenlists in my shop. They have to force cross train people from other career fields so we can have some rank in our shop.

Snakebitten

5150 SVT Poster
Established Member
If you don't want a car payment, and the mileage sucks, you'll have have to take the loss. Sounds like a used Prius may be in your future. :)

dstow13

Established Member
If you don't want a car payment, and the mileage sucks, you'll have have to take the loss. Sounds like a used Prius may be in your future. :)

Haha dude I'd take a Prius Prime :rockon: hahaha. I've been looking at the 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback. Pretty nice cars. I'm already an indecisive person so trying to decide what to do with the car is rough lol. I have a beater that I daily so I don't daily the mustang anymore. I feel like if I was still daily driving the mustang then I think that would make my decision easier. In 2020 I'll have to get the mustang smoged and it won't pass but hopefully if I do decide to keep the car that I'll be out of California and living in my home town where they don't smog lol.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member

Lol. That's a big difference. I honestly would just keep it. I don't think you would nearly get what you have out into it, but that is with any car you mod heavily. Good luck!

kdaly

Established Member
Keep it and have fun with it when you can. You have a lot of money it in to make 10k when you're done paying it off after the sale. Buy a daily and then you will start to enjoy the shit out of it when you have time. Plus its always a huge benefit to have a second car if you need it when one is down for maintenance or for whatever reason. Plus you may be in a slump now about the car but trust me being a car guy never goes away and you will kick yourself in the ass down the road for giving up a 600hp car for pennies because you were having a bad month... I got a nice daily and now i love driving both of them. Moods change very quickly and getting you old car back is not usually possible.

Users who are viewing this thread