think i'm going to sell my 03

9T5SVT

Established Member
Well i hate to do it, but i think i'm going to have to sell my 03 Cobra. I don't want to get rid of the car, but it would free up some money for a house and other things. Plus i'll just save up and get another one in a couple of years, there's always going to be more mustangs. With that said here's the info on the car:
2003 DSG Cobra
-Magna flow exhaust w/x-pipe
-Pro 5.0 shifter
-Steeda CAI
-Chrome AFS 18x9 up front and 18x10.5 in the rear wheels
-Stock 2000 Lightning pulley
-JLP tuned diablo sport chip
-
With thse current mods the dyno numbers are 474rwhp and 485ftlbs. I'm including a few pictures, but i do have more. I will be asking $23,500 for the car and the milage right now is 41,532. I only drive the car once or twice a week to work, and my wife and i just had our first child so the car is just not practical right now. When the car is not driven it sits in the garage with a car cover on it. Here are the pictures and i have more if anyone is interested. So just let me know and also no trades. Thanks
IMG_1455.jpg
IMG_1447.jpg
IMG_1442.jpg
IMG_1429-1.jpg

Steven

key

Established Member
Do you have any interior shots? How many pounds of boost is it currently running? How long have you had it, and how long has it been running more boost than stock?

I have a ton more questions, email me at [email protected] - I'd like the VIN too.

9T5SVT

Established Member
Sapperstang said:
And you made at least three posts about it.
yeah i know, my computer was all screwed up and it posted three times!! I don't know how to remove the other two.

9T5SVT

Established Member
key said:
Do you have any interior shots? How many pounds of boost is it currently running? How long have you had it, and how long has it been running more boost than stock?

I have a ton more questions, email me at [email protected] - I'd like the VIN too.

I'll get you some interior shots later today. I believe the stock lightning pulley adds roughly 2lbs, so it should be around 10lbs or so. The stock boost guage only goes to 10, and it pegs that when your wide open. I think i installed that pulley in august of last year. I've had the car for two years and the only mod i've done is the pulley and chip. In the 2yrs that i've had it i only put 15,000miles on it. I'll email the vin#to you. thanks

Steven

key

Established Member
I'm going to ask in the Term. section to see what a stock lightning pulley adds to the Cobra in terms of PSI. Seems like 474RWHP is a lot to put down with only 2 more psi.

Edit: Forgot to ask - do you have the dyno sheet? I'd like to see the A/F.

9T5SVT

Established Member
Yes i do have a dyno sheet, if you want i'll copy it and post it on here. You realize the 474 was made with not just a pulley, but with the other supporting mods. Let me know.

key

Established Member
Nevermind on the sheet - I saw some of your old posts and you mentioned the A/F. Did you ever get it retuned to richen it up? I did some research on the Lightning pulley also, and I think it's a 2.93, which puts you at around 14lbs of boost (based on the chart at http://stangshiftergaskets.com/2003_2004faqs.htm). Also saw where you iced the intake, so the numbers make more sense now.

Can you email me so I can ask some questions? [email protected]

Last edited:

9T5SVT

Established Member
Yeah, i did a little cheatin with the ice. As it sits it makes 466hp and 472ftlbs, i was very impressed with the gains from just ice. I did have the chip sent back to JLP for a reburn. He told me all his chips are programmed to run 11.8, and i have not been back to a dyno to see what it's at. I believe your right about the 2.93pulley size. As far as 14lbs of boost, i'm not sure because i'm sure you know the factory boost guage only goes to 10. I can't say that it defintly puts out 10lbs or 14lbs. I can tell you that the pulley defintly woke the car up, not that it was slow before, but a definate noticable difference. Well i emailed you, so go ahead and ask some more questions.

key

Established Member
Thanks Steven. I'm already enjoying the hell out of it - I had the most fun I've ever had on a Taco Bell trip earlier tonight :)

Users who are viewing this thread