think I warped some rotors

micksnip

Established Member
I posted a while back that I had some unusual noises coming from my brakes-like a pulsating rub-rub-rub noise and pulling to the left when I apply the brakes. Though I still have warranty till NOV, I think I MAY have warped them on the Cacoctin twisties when we all went berserk and went around the turns at 90, hit brakes HARD, then hit the gas again at the apex of the turns. Been this way since then.
I don't want to take the car in now for 2 reasons: I don't want it out of commission in the summer; just bought 4k of wheels/tires, and have no wheel locks-so don't want a mechanic doing warranty work to scratch em up by working fast and sloppy, since it's a warranty job.
Finally, I saw some nice rotors, calipers, and pads in Hot Rod mag and wanted to price them.( company is LDP or something-yellow calipers) The company is 3 letters, and the rotors are slotted and dimpled, and the pads claim to have 30% more stopping power than stock (not Hawk). Anyone know what ones I mean, and could you let me know yer suggestions/price/who can do the work?

Micksnip

Chris@BAP

Established Member
yeah bill, wiseguy, can do the work and probably get a hold of the parts. Also I would recommend the baer eradispeed rotors, they look and perform top notch.

Last edited:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Mike, read this before deciding they're warped.
http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp_warped_brakedisk.shtml
Stoptech is a good company, and most racers wear down their rotors before warping them.
But there's no reason you can't replace your brakes because you like some others better. :D
There's lots of choices between well known name brake kits for Mustangs. I did a search for what you discribed, and nada. Was this kit specifically for a Mustang?

Users who are viewing this thread