Things to fix/look at after 2 years of storage.

svtcobrar2004

Established Member
So i'm just about wrapping up my tour overseas and i'll be coming home to my 2004 cobra that has been sitting in my driveway covered. My car has received its 10 minute warm ups, it's been driven just around the block here and there but not far. What are some things I should look into repairing/replacing?

oil change, blower fluid change, spark plugs. anything else? Thanks guys.

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
Fuel filter. Try not to go wot, the fuel might be old. Check tire psi.
Might not need it but clean the maf. And a good all day detail

JuNioRopolous

Whaaboooosh
Established Member
Fuel filter. Try not to go wot, the fuel might be old. Check tire psi.
Might not need it but clean the maf. And a good all day detail

Hmm, it would be nice to do an all day detail without this dumbass Texas heat. We finally got 3 inches of rain :dancenana:eek:ut here in Waxahachie/Ennis just 30 minutes south of Dallas after the massive drought, how about out there in Odessa??

oldmodman

Established Member
Change the oil and brake fluid. Wash & wax car. Drive it until you are almost out of gas (stay out of boost) then refill with best available fuel.

If the car has been started and driven every three months you should not need to do anything to the engine except change the plugs after you have run the tank out and refilled.

Might also be a good time to drain and refill the radiator while doing the other work.

gabe1530

Banned
if its still being ran without a problem i dont think youll need any fuel stabilizer. just run the tank low then fill all the way up.
when i came back from deployment i changed the fuel filter, plugs, tranny fluid (never been done), blower fluid (depends on last change/miles) and cleaned my maf. mine sat in a garage so it was a simple wipe down/spray detail.
personally, i wouldnt even clean the exterior. i would take it to get professionally detailed if its been sitting under a cover for 2 years.

Users who are viewing this thread