Thiago Alves.

TripleBlackVert

Meh whatever!
Established Member
This guy def has a good shot at beating GSP whenever they get to square up againg eachother. GSP is def 1 of my favorite fighters but he will be fight an equally sized foe with really heavy hands.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IqMoLwr0JI&feature=related]YouTube - Thiago Alves - Best Highlight.wmv[/ame]

zo6this

Established Member
gsp's days are running out thiago alves is gonna be the new champ. O yea I was glad to see jardine lose also I cant stand anyone from that fight camp. Rashad evans is also gonna get beat either by rampage or Lyoto. Then that fight camp wont have any self pride anymore cause all there guys are getting beat.

scancion

Established Member
Everyone can keep underestimating GSP if they want, but GSP is a stud and is light years ahead of Alves. Alves is a good fighter but will look like a chump when he fights GSP. GSP is faster, faster pace, stronger, well.... he is just better at everything. Alves probably hits harder than GSP, and GSP's chin is suspect ever since the Serra fight, but just as long as he doesnt get caught he will win. GSP cardio will be way better also if it goes into championship rounds

scancion

Established Member
Oh and everyone thought that Fitch was the next big thing and GSP beat the shit out of him.

MAD SVT

The guy with the Thing.
Established Member
+1... GSP is a pimp, nobody trains like him..

and MASS props to Fitch for being able to stand with him for 25 minutes.

MAD SVT

The guy with the Thing.
Established Member
also, GSP .... he takes YOUR speciality and Bitches you with it... example = BJ Penn (once my top 3 fav, until the shit storm, and filed complaints that followd the loss to GSP)... GSP took him down to the ground and made him look baaad... and this is BJ FRICKIN PENN ON THE GROUND,

black Robra

THIS IS STANG #6
Established Member
Everyone can keep underestimating GSP if they want, but GSP is a stud and is light years ahead of Alves. Alves is a good fighter but will look like a chump when he fights GSP. GSP is faster, faster pace, stronger, well.... he is just better at everything. Alves probably hits harder than GSP, and GSP's chin is suspect ever since the Serra fight, but just as long as he doesnt get caught he will win. GSP cardio will be way better also if it goes into championship rounds

Gsp didnt even get hit in the chin, if u watch the fight again serra hit gsp in the back of the head hard and seems that no one seen this. Thats the only reason GSP lost that fight he got dazed off a punch to the back of the head.

MAD SVT

The guy with the Thing.
Established Member
stronger? i dont think so.... but definatly in better shape. If i looked like GSP i would ONLY wear those spandex shorts, grocery store, mall... everywhere. hahaha

goody03

i need more mods
Established Member
GSP ftw

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE2-O1EFIaY&feature=related]YouTube - GSP HL (All UFC fights)[/ame]

deadly97snake

Established Member
thiago and gsp is a toss up. basically someones gonna get caught at the right time. both equally talented

evans i think can beat rampage but def. not machido. machido is becoming one of my fav fighters. hes def gonna be a huge champion one day

TripleBlackVert

Meh whatever!
Established Member
thiago and gsp is a toss up. basically someones gonna get caught at the right time. both equally talented

evans i think can beat rampage but def. not machido. machido is becoming one of my fav fighters. hes def gonna be a huge champion one day

I would love to see rampage lift Evans over his head and just dump him!

Impetuous

Common sense isn't common
Established Member
He got beat by Fitch, and Fitch got beat by GPS. Yeah, it'll be interesting.

Yep but Alves is not that same fighter anymore. As a matter of fact I think that was the fight that change Alves behaviour and mentallity. Now look at him, he made Matt Hughes look like a rookie and beat the crap out Koscheck. Good thing that Koscheck has a great chin and heart, still one of my favorites.

I vote for Alves in this one, GSP days are counted.

Last edited:

MAD SVT

The guy with the Thing.
Established Member
Matt Hughes is a redneck wrestler who overpowers everyone!! then he got stupid and cocky when he got all his training thinking he can stand with actual MMA fighters, you should always go back to your strong suit, in Matt's case... he cant stand for shit, he needs to just go back to body slamming poeple and pummeling people unorthodox like. I used to love Hughes.

so yes, Alves is a MUCH better fighter than Hughes.

TripleBlackVert

Meh whatever!
Established Member
Yep but Alves is not that same fighter anymore. As a matter of fact I think that was the fight that change Alves behaviour and mentallity. Now look at him, he made Matt Hughes look like a rookie and beat the crap out Koscheck. Good thing that Koscheck has a great chin and heart, still one of my favorites.

I vote for Alves in this one, GSP days are counted.

I would have loved to see Diego in the ring with Alves! Diego would have gotten a Beatdown! I love how now he's calling out Koscheck and Fitch.:bash:

Users who are viewing this thread