These worth it on the 03/04?

Grey03L

SVT Dogg
Established Member
I've got a D&D Kmember for 96-04 V8' stangs....
I've had it sitting in my garage for a while after I bought it off an individual who told me it was for my 94 Cobra. Its brand new...
Question is:
Is it worth it to put on the new cobra's? Is there a big difference in weight?

How effective are Strut tower braces on our cars?

I'm looking into getting some subframes...What are my best options here?

Any help would be nice.
Thanks
T

Fast Willy

Established Member
I dont think there will be that big of a difference in weight but I should def stiffen up the chassi. And as far as the strut tower bar they do work but these arent the best handeling cars so anything will probably be an imporovement.

Grey03L

SVT Dogg
Established Member
How about the clearance from the D&D as opposed to the stock K? I know I gained a lot of room and lost over 50lbs on dropping my stock kmember on my 94.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
the k is much lighter BUT isnt as strong. do u daily drive the cobra? if so, it will prolly eventually crack from bumps in the road and constant twisting. ive done a ton of research on this and came up with that. daily = no

Grey03L

SVT Dogg
Established Member
BADASS03SVT said:
the k is much lighter BUT isnt as strong. do u daily drive the cobra? if so, it will prolly eventually crack from bumps in the road and constant twisting. ive done a ton of research on this and came up with that. daily = no

I do drive it pretty much daily. Also, what you just said is what I've collected as well. But would adding the Strut Tower brace take away some of the stressors that the kmember would normally see? Resulting in lost wieght but still holding strong...???

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Grey03L said:
I do drive it pretty much daily. Also, what you just said is what I've collected as well. But would adding the Strut Tower brace take away some of the stressors that the kmember would normally see? Resulting in lost wieght but still holding strong...???

i think it would take some away but the strut tower is only keeping the top form flexing. with adding the tube k, youll be loosing strength everywhere. does this inclube tubular a-arms as well?

another thing...yo umight have to go coil-over with thie k..im not positive htough. i believe our spring perches are on the stock k and the d&d requires coil overs.

Grey03L

SVT Dogg
Established Member
I'm not to sure on the Coil overs myself. I would be using the stock A arms as well.
When you say everywhere you mean at the front of the car only correct?

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Grey03L said:
I'm not to sure on the Coil overs myself. I would be using the stock A arms as well.
When you say everywhere you mean at the front of the car only correct?

yes..on the front.

id check on the spring stuff though...im pretty sure our springs mount on the k-member therefore you HAVE TO use coil-over on the d&d setup. i think only AJE has mounts for regular springs.

do you drag race alot? what the main purpose of your car? you could prolly sell it and buy something else that would benifit you more.

jimwood

Established Member
Stock shocks sit on the Control Arms, not the K-Member. If you can use stock control arms with that K-Member you may be okay. Im not sure that I would want to subject the K-member to the extra weight of the stock control arms, its probably not designed for that.

If the car isnt going to see the drag strip or a race track, a k-member with all the trimmings is probably not worth it, simply because its going to be noiser, you may have adjustment issues, and a whole other host of potential issues to deal with.

Last edited:

Grey03L

SVT Dogg
Established Member
Hmm.... I'll sell it then...

I was thinking that it'd be a good idea to do the k'member/headers swap at the same time. but it looks like I'll sell the k and get something else. Just dont know what.

Thanks guys

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
jimwood said:
Stock shocks sit on the Control Arms, not the K-Member.

the BOTTOM of the SPRING does...where does the TOP go? on the k i believe

Users who are viewing this thread