These cars are heavier than I thought...LOL.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Just weighed my 2014 GT/CS auto today at a CAT certified scales. It has every option less the glass roof, navigation, and pro audio system. The car has had the junk in the trunk removed (spare and jack etc.) along with the axle weights taken off. I was right at 3/4 tank of fuel and it came in exactly (me out of the car) at 3680 gross weight. I think the curb weight for base auto GT is 3674 or so. I was hoping to be in the lower to mid 3600 range with crap out of truck etc. That might mean a fully optioned auto GT with glass roof, pro stereo etc. is probably pushing 3800 with full tank of fuel...DAMN.

Anyone know what the factory strut bar weighs? Guessing 15-20 pounds? I don't want to ruin my car trying to save another 100 pounds, but the thought of it around 3000 range would create great power to weight... LOL.

Just thought I would share.

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
I pulled the front sway bar and went to a BMR K member. I haven't had it to the track yet, but just from gathering datalogs on the street, I can feel a real difference in how the front end comes up now.

Tron84

Damn Newb
Established Member
3000 lbs huh? Drop that pesky motor and tranny and you'd probably get there lol

I wonder who has the lightest car here that is still streetable?

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
The stock hood is lighter then any aftermarket replacement..i was shocked at how light it was when i replaced it with my cervinis cobra r....

SCalla1384

Established Member
Mines a gt/CS 6 speed. Down to 3425 lbs without me. Still a goos amount of weight I can save. Trying to get it to 3300lbs or lower.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
3000 lbs huh? Drop that pesky motor and tranny and you'd probably get there lol

I wonder who has the lightest car here that is still streetable?

LOL. Yeah maybe acid dip the whole car. :)

Problem is what some people's opinion of streetable is. Rear seat delete, catless, mufflerless, sway bar removal is probably close to 1 hundo with trunk emptied. I don't want an exhaust droning car, loss of handling, nor loss of the back seat. Guess just need to pump up the PIG with power adder. LOL

GBCoyote

Established Member
The stock hood is incredibly light. The only one that would come close is the one that's on the boss 302s cars (Tiger racing hood) but from my research it isn't a hood that can hold up to daily driving and will eventually form stress cracks. Beautiful hood, however.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
My 14 Premium/Track Pack GT weighed 3580lbs with a 1/4 tank of gas, stock/no weight reduction also weighed on a CAT scale.

john11gt

Established Member
Ive got a 2011 base m6 and it weighs 3420 without me. My only weight reduction is pulled back seat, removed the spare tire and jack and the carpet in the trunk, and I have some 15x8 jegs wheels in the back with Hoosier QTP's that are significantly lighter than the stock wheels and tires.

Some of the people whos mustang weighs close to 4k lbs just blow me away at how heavy they are.

5lho

Established Member
Ive got a 2011 base m6 and it weighs 3420 without me. My only weight reduction is pulled back seat, removed the spare tire and jack and the carpet in the trunk, and I have some 15x8 jegs wheels in the back with Hoosier QTP's that are significantly lighter than the stock wheels and tires.

Some of the people whos mustang weighs close to 4k lbs just blow me away at how heavy they are.

The only ones anywhere close to 4K are the convertibles with auto, full load and they still have a ways to go.

My M6 GT with everything but glass roof is 3825 full of fuel and with me in it. I weigh about a buck fifty.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
lol everytime someone tells me that they think the mustang weighs a shit ton, I tell them to go google the curb weight of the camaro, challenger, and charger

for everyone looking for the ultimate weight reduction: Please see Z06

Last edited:

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
What exactly have you done? 3603 for base manual gt curb weight full of fuel. fyi

15 gallons of fuel weighs 105 pounds.

Actual not that much: empty trunk, lighter weight wheels, catless x-pipe, no strut bar and muffler delete.

Last edited:

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
The only ones anywhere close to 4K are the convertibles with auto, full load and they still have a ways to go.

My M6 GT with everything but glass roof is 3825 full of fuel and with me in it. I weigh about a buck fifty.

Add ANOTHER 100lbs for a 6r80 and not many grown men weigh ONLY 150lbs,lol! A friends all stock 11' GT/CS auto weighed 3910 with him it and display saying 23 miles to empty... The cars can't run without a driver so weight without the driver is pointless... Most of these on the road are gonna be 3800+...

Users who are viewing this thread