There's a Monster in my garage!

acroholic

Established Member
Well, I finally found a decent price on a 2013 GT500 in my area at a price I could live with. Just drove it home last night. 2013 GT500, black with matte black stripes, smoked wheels, 821A performance package, Shaker Pro, electronics package w/nav, and SVT Track Pack. Only thing I would have wanted was recaros, but definitely not a deal breaker for me. I'll post pics in a bit.
Dave

Last edited:

acroholic

Established Member
So what's it like driving that "monster"? Still waiting for mine to be built :/

It was dark and the streets were wet, so I took it easy driving home last night. Been sitting in the garage since I got it home. Hope to take it out for a spin later today. Everyone at the dealership was hoping I wouldn't wreck it on the way home (night and wet streets), but I've had some pretty high HP cars in the past (Vipers and Vettes), so I kinda knew what to expect.

nickf2005

Established Member
Congrats. Can't wait to see pics.

When I think about our similar, but two different monsters, this comes to mind...

images

Willie2

Established Member
Congrats on the new ride! I'm in the same boat...waiting for the roads to dry out

SVTKen

Established Member
Congrats! The black on black is a stunning combination and it sounds like you got all the most important options. Enjoy!

Word of warning: Watch out when it's cold! The tires on our cars are extremely slick and hard when they are cold. Combine that with wet streets and it can be very dangerous if you aren't familiar with the car yet. The tires aren't recommended when temps are below 40 degress, but even at higher temps, the tires require LOTS of warm up before they have any grip whatsoever. Ford made a mistake putting these tires on the car. They are not good for daily use, especially if you make lots of short trips.

nickf2005

Established Member
They are not good for daily use, especially if you make lots of short trips.

That's because the GT500 was built for the drag strip. :poke:

Just busting your chops. You're right. Gotta watch out with these F1's. They've been the reason behind my butt puckering a couple times in my lowly '12.

AtlantaGT500

Established Member
Well, I finally found a decent price on a 2013 GT500 in my area at a price I could live with. Just drove it home last night. 2013 GT500, black with matte black stripes, smoked wheels, 821A performance package, Shaker Pro, electronics package w/nav, and SVT Track Pack. Only thing I would have wanted was recaros, but definitely not a deal breaker for me. I'll post pics in a bit.
Dave
Nice. Where in Atlanta are you?

440sprint

Established Member
Congrats! Now ditch the OE Goodyears ASAP & get some safer tires. Michelin Pilot Super Sports are highly recommended, or Continental DWS if you must drive in the snow a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread