Theft Recovery Price?

RCM90

Established Member
Ive been wanting to get into another cobra and came across this car. I wasnt sure of a good price since it has a salvaged title due to theft recovery. What do you guys think its worth?

Here's a link to the FS ad here in Germany with pics. He is asking almost 23k euro's for the car, but know its not worth that.. so im trying to see what a good ballpark is.

Ford Mustang Shelby Cobra Terminator als Sportwagen/Coupé in Rauenberg (Gewerbegebiet)

2003 Redfire Cobra with about 45,000 miles. It's in really good shape and has a freshly rebuilt trans.
Mods...
Engine: Steigmier Stage V+, Welded TB and Plenum, Billetflow 2.76 & 4 Idlers, Gates Belt
Fuel/Air: JLT Carbon Fiber RAI, Kenne Bell BAP, Ford Racing 60# INJ, Diablo MAFia
Suspension: Mach 1 8.8 SRA, H&R Race Springs, Steeda UCA, MM LCA, Blistein HD Shocks
Drivetrain: MGW Orange Handle, Spec Stage 3+, Fiore Firewall Adjuster, Steeda Tripehook Quadrant
Exhaust: Mac Catted X, Magnaflow Catback
Cooling: LFP Dual Pass Heat Exchanger
Interior: Autometer Boost and A/F Gauge, Stock Leather F'n Fast Shift Knob
Exterior: Shorty Antenna, Chrome SVT Badge w/ Redfire Terminator Scroll, Redfire Ford Emblem, 10% Window Tint
Wheels/Tires/Brakes: FR500s 17x9/10.5, 315 Nitto 555R's/295 Nitto 555's, Hawk HPS Pads

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
what does 23k euros translate into in american currency? (just curios)

i dunno...if i had to give a price range that i would pay (if i were to ever get something with a salvage title, which i WOULDNT), it would prob be something like $10k - $13k? its hard to say. what i CAN say, is i bought my cobra a lil over 3 years ago with a perfect title. the car only had 5 to 10k more miles on it than the one you are looking at, and i paid around 17.5k....and that was 3 years ago. they have gotten 3 years older since then.

RCM90

Established Member
23k euro is about 29000usd. After all the German taxes are taken out its about 22500usd.

I was thinking about 13-14k since the car is here in Germany, but the 10-13 is understandable.. so ill have to try to talk some sense in the guy.. or just find one in the states and ship it here.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
if you can, try to find a similar car for sale that also has a salvaged title, and one that is asking much less money (in the price range that you are looking for)...then bring up the salvage title thing to him, as being a negative/bad thing....and let him see the other ad, so he can see that your price range is not some low-ball offer. hopefully it will make him realize that he has it priced way to high, then perhaps come down on the price.

(just a thought/idea)

good luck with whatever you do!

steves04cobra

Established Member
Dude there is no way I would even think about giving that place 23K euro. I understand the thought process is because the car is in GM.

RCM90

Established Member
Dude there is no way I would even think about giving that place 23K euro. I understand the thought process is because the car is in GM.

Yea. lol they would never get anything close to that out of me thats why I was asking for a fair price to make sure the 13k or so was close and I could show the guy. Hopefully other GI's will have a little common sense and not buy it for that price. The guy dosent understand that an American car that has salvaged title is a salvaged title car no matter how it came to be like that.. once he has it for a few months he will change his mind.

So, ill be shipping one on my orders or buying a built 5.4 for the smurf..

Users who are viewing this thread