Theft mode

mystichromecob

Established Member
Hey guys, Im completely new to this forum and forums in general so please be patient. I bought a mystichrome cobra a few weeks ago and yesterday I tried to take the raptor shift light off of my Gt and ran out of time so I decided to wait and do it another time the only thing that I did was connect the ground to the bolt with ground under the kick panel and unpluged the 3 connectors. I plugged the three connectors back in and but the kick panel back on and the car would not start in clicks like it wants to start then does not turn over??? The theft light is flashing and the odom. has the -------. This is a pretty much bone stock cobra except a Cai and catbacks. I don't have a tuner yet so I can't pull a code off of it. I have read other post with people having similar issues, but all of there problems seemed to be after a major mod, engine swap, cluster swap etc.. I don't see how just grounding something and unpluging those 3 connectors would cause this big of an issue. I did the same thing in the Gt and nothing was wrong. Im completely stumped and scared its something major like the pcm. Any help will be appreciated!

hotcobra03

Established Member
you might have stopped the other line from a good ground...take off ground clean unhook battery first before doing the ground wire...

if this is all you did hook up...

there are major grounds that shouldnt be disturbed

the ground you did use was there more than 1wire on it..you could have missed 1 if there were 2 or more

Last edited:

mystichromecob

Established Member
I will check this when I get home today. Im pretty sure that it is only one ground going to this bolt. It's just weird because I litterally used the same bolt as I did in my 01 gt. Unless ford changed something between the 2 cars which could totally be the case.

hotcobra03

Established Member
I will check this when I get home today. Im pretty sure that it is only one ground going to this bolt. It's just weird because I litterally used the same bolt as I did in my 01 gt. Unless ford changed something between the 2 cars which could totally be the case.

ours is wired different in some spots...2v-4v thing

post up a pic of the bolt you touched...i always like to read wiring diagrams,,i learn from others with issues

Last edited:

mystichromecob

Established Member
Hey guys thanks for all your help it took me 20 mins to find the issue yesterday when I got home from work. After I checked all the fuses (they were all good) I went back to the connectors and I found that I the bolt holding the connector to the ecm wasnt really tight so I tighten the bolt and that fixed the issue. Talk about what a relieve! I feel like such a idiot but thank you for all your help! at least it was something simple I could fix myself.

Users who are viewing this thread