THEFT LIGHT Code 1-6 ???

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Ok, so i got out of work today, and started my car. i noticed my theft light flashing irradically.

After a minute or so, the rapid flashing stopped.

it started flashing once---pause---six more flashes.

What does code 16 mean?
it stopped flashing totally after about 2-3 minutes.

Not sure if it's related or not, but on the way home I got on the brakes kinda hard a couple times and my voltage gauge dropped and my radio cut out for a second.

Where's the grounds for the motor? Any pics?

Thanks guys!:beer:

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Is your pats turned off? Mine is and the goddamn light flashes for the first few minutes of driving. I need to pull the cluster and do the LED bulbs and not put the theft bulb in:rollseyes

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
No, the pats is still on. it just randomly happened. Restarted the car after i got home and no light that time around.

Just curious of what the code was.

Edit, just found this...

The engine does not start and LED remains off. 1. Check PATS system fuses 2. If alarm is fitted check if LED functions for alarm: if not check cigar lighter fuse (also used for LED)

3. If not go to main dealer

Engine does not start: LED flashes rapidly Leave ignition on until the LED starts to flash a 2 digit code: (sequence- pause-sequence) Check the following codes:

Code flashes:
1:3 Key code not received. Is key screened by other keys or objects? Try different key: if okay then first key is faulty. If not go to main dealer

1:4 Partial code only received. Try again. If not okay use different key. If not go to main dealer

1:5 Key not programmed into PATS. Program key as above using master

1:6 Faulty link between PATS module and EECV Go to main dealer

Could the 16 code be due to a low voltage on startup? I'm thinking Yes.

Last edited by a moderator:

LSWHAT??

My PATS is disabled with my Sniper tuner, and it does this exact same thing.

Don't know the cause of it, but sounds like your PATS is not communicating with the computer, therefore it is either thinking disabled, or theft. On a sidenote, I tried to re-enable the PATS after I turned it off with a different tune, and it does not work, so you and I are both stuck with a blinking light for the first few minutes of our drive. I asked for it by turning mine off, you didn't :shrug:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
No, nothing diiferent. And it only did it the one time. it does do it every startup.

I'm rreally thinking I have a bad ground wire somewhere.

Anyone know where they all are?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
No I did not, it never came back. Just happened the 1 time. Shortly after this thread, my Aluminator short block spun a bearing. It was sitting from 2010-2017. It's in the shop now for a bunch of improvements.;)

Did you get the 1-6 code?

AndreT

OK. sorry for the bearing problem. I had a similar with my 99 Lightning. I found after DAY'S of searching that an aux power wire I had plugged into my fuse #18 under the hood had spread the fuse contacts apart just enough that the fuse would loose contact and my engine would die/start several times while driving. I could never find the problem originally. I blamed the fuel pumps cause they would shut down and on again as it missed, then the cam timing sensor, which I had just replaced 6 months ago. Then I noticed I didn't have any spark one morning and the WAR was on. I found this contact problem by accident because I had pulled the fuse the straighten my little brass fitting on the fuse and then put it back in and had unplugged the cam timing sensor to try a start to see if it still acted the same, and it started???????? Missed like crazy and I realized I had left the sensor undone. plugged it back in and BAMMMMN it started and ran like at champ, first I blamed the sensor but after a little thought I remembered that th the first time it the sensor was unplugged the first time it started, so it had to be the fuse. Went back and found the spread apart contacts and with the truck running I would wiggle the fuse and it would die/start just that fast. So I bent the fuse legs a tiny bit in two different directions and problem solved.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
OK. sorry for the bearing problem. I had a similar with my 99 Lightning. I found after DAY'S of searching that an aux power wire I had plugged into my fuse #18 under the hood had spread the fuse contacts apart just enough that the fuse would loose contact and my engine would die/start several times while driving. I could never find the problem originally. I blamed the fuel pumps cause they would shut down and on again as it missed, then the cam timing sensor, which I had just replaced 6 months ago. Then I noticed I didn't have any spark one morning and the WAR was on. I found this contact problem by accident because I had pulled the fuse the straighten my little brass fitting on the fuse and then put it back in and had unplugged the cam timing sensor to try a start to see if it still acted the same, and it started???????? Missed like crazy and I realized I had left the sensor undone. plugged it back in and BAMMMMN it started and ran like at champ, first I blamed the sensor but after a little thought I remembered that th the first time it the sensor was unplugged the first time it started, so it had to be the fuse. Went back and found the spread apart contacts and with the truck running I would wiggle the fuse and it would die/start just that fast. So I bent the fuse legs a tiny bit in two different directions and problem solved.

Glad you got it figured out. Thanks for replying, someone in the future will find that useful for sure.

AndreT

Also found a bad semi bad camshaft position sensor and a partial break in the wiring to sensor. Might should just buy another Lightning and slide it under this one. Take care and get those wheels back under you asap.

Users who are viewing this thread