The worst thing on the street...

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Caught a light with a 911 Turbo on the way to work. After telling him his car was nice, GREEN LIGHT Go... I ease a second on the clutch then stomp it -- I started hopping when the rears hit the white stripe - I stayed in it for second and as he is pulling past me I throw for second to no avail... Locked me out -- couldn't get it in 2nd for about 5-7 seconds... He let off approaching the next light -- I was still charging on him...

The light hit green, he stomped it and I stayed with him in 3rd and 4th... Took a couple of turns and went our seperate ways...

This sucks so bad b/c I KNOW I can stay with those throught the early gears. Man am I pissed.

joegt38

Established Member
Damn that suck, it never fails that sh!t like that happens when your next to something like that.

66sprint6

Blown Inliner (soon)
Established Member
It happens man, we all have had similar situations. Like trying to show off by doin a brakestand, then instead of burning the tires your tranny takes a crap and you limp home feeling like an idiot...still recovering from that one
Matt

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Originally posted by 66sprint6
It happens man, we all have had similar situations. Like trying to show off by doin a brakestand, then instead of burning the tires your tranny takes a crap and you limp home feeling like an idiot...still recovering from that one
Matt

Ouch -- Dont think it was that bad. I would've enjoyed the look on his face as I stuck with him to triples... Oh well, Im sure he's still got a big head from it -- maybe I'll try and catch him next time...

Quick question to 03-04 owners, actually I guess anyone with an IRS Mustang.... The wheel hop seems to be the culprit in winding up and locking me out of gears... Do we have a real solution yet? Ive heard of limited success with the bushings... Are stickier tires needed?

Users who are viewing this thread