The wife's mods so far

footbraker

Established Member
My wife bought her a 2013 6 speed 5.0. So far we have done a gt500 axle back, 35% tint, frpp p springs, black emblems, blacked out the lights, and most recently 19 inch black AMR wheels with 245s and 275s. Next on er list is a cai, along with a custom tune. Thoughts so far?

wheels3g.jpg

wheelsu.jpg

wheels2ov.jpg

nickf2005

Established Member
Nice looking ride.

I've been contemplating whether to go 35 or 20% tint on mine. 35 is legal, but didn't know if it'd look dark enough on the black. Your's looks pretty good!

walked_u_hard

Established Member
take the money your gonna spend on a cold air intake and spend it on a worthy mod like a off road X. gonna get more power out of that.

car looks good.

cdog1157

Established Member
It's definately black! Looks really good. Agree with skipping the cai & going with an offroad H-pipe instead. I'm glad my wife isn't into cars or that would get really expensive. I'm about to swap my 5.0 emblems out for a black set, how did you get the stock badges off?

Last edited:

footbraker

Established Member
Fastlane motorsports has been seeing 60 plus rwhp with a cai and custom tune. That's who will do it. I dont want to ditch the cats because I dont want any excessive exhaust fumes, but we will think about it.

Removing the badges, dental floss or fishing line didn't work for me. I taped off the area with blue painters tape so I would know where the emblems went back mostly. Heated with a hairdryer about 10 minutes. With the light tint, American muscle included plastic squeegees to use to spread the tint and get rid of the air bubbles. I just slid the plastic squeegee in behind the emblem as I heated it and it came right off. The remaining glue was the hard part. I used turtle wax glue and sticker adhesive removal. Just spray it on, let it soak in and go from there. Wasn't bad at all.

Now, will an offload x be like the old fox bodies and increase the fumes? She doesn't wanna go in work smelling like gas

Heavyfoot

Established Member
Awe man!!! I thought I was going to the first with the black AMR's. I'm ordering mine next week!!!
Post up some more pics of the wheels!

JerryC

Established Member
Fastlane motorsports has been seeing 60 plus rwhp with a cai and custom tune.

Tell them to do a before and after dyno of your car. You'll buy the CAI, tune and dyno time if there really is a 60 HP increase. He eats the cost of the dyno and labor if you decide not keep the CAI because it didnt make the promised HP.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Fastlane motorsports has been seeing 60 plus rwhp with a cai and custom tune. That's who will do it. I dont want to ditch the cats because I dont want any excessive exhaust fumes, but we will think about it.

Removing the badges, dental floss or fishing line didn't work for me. I taped off the area with blue painters tape so I would know where the emblems went back mostly. Heated with a hairdryer about 10 minutes. With the light tint, American muscle included plastic squeegees to use to spread the tint and get rid of the air bubbles. I just slid the plastic squeegee in behind the emblem as I heated it and it came right off. The remaining glue was the hard part. I used turtle wax glue and sticker adhesive removal. Just spray it on, let it soak in and go from there. Wasn't bad at all.

Now, will an offload x be like the old fox bodies and increase the fumes? She doesn't wanna go in work smelling like gas

Op, car looks great. I also have a blacked out 2013 GT:beer:.

As for the intake and tune. You WILL NOT, I repeat WILL NOT see 60Whp with an intake and tune, you wont see 60 crank HP with an intake and tune. AED, lund, bama, and BBR are all seeing 25-30whp with an intake and tune, and the intake has been proven to give a MAX of 6whp and that is only on some cars. Many dont see any gains what so ever(1-2hp). You can change the X-pipe and retain the cats. They are on a different piece of piping so all you have to do is get the shorter X/H pipe. Then you dont have to worry about the smell.

footbraker

Established Member
If you're not ditching the cats then what's the point of changing the mid pipe? Have you heard of or seen Fastlane motorsports? They have been in the 5.0 and muscle mustang mags. They have their own "Fastlane motorsports" 5.0's being sold at capital ford in Raleigh nc. I asked about a handheld tuner also, but naturally you are going to make more with a custom dyno tune. Maybe most of the power comes from the tune and minimal gains from the cai, I dont know. But I know they have had several new 5.0s bone stock dynoing 360ish rwhp and when they leave with a jlt cai and custom dyno tune, they are making 420-430rwhp. I will see if I can find som links to cars the have done.

As for the p springs, we really like them. They lower the car just enough for us and ride like stock. Got a great deal on them $160.

I personally would not run a handheld bama tune, lund tune, I dont care who they are. I'd rather throw it on a dyno and get a real tune.

footbraker

Established Member
Sorry just found my email from them. After cai and tune alone, they see 410-420rwhp. 50-60 over stock.

I guess we will find out for sure in a little while lol

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
If you're not ditching the cats then what's the point of changing the mid pipe? Have you heard of or seen Fastlane motorsports? They have been in the 5.0 and muscle mustang mags. They have their own "Fastlane motorsports" 5.0's being sold at capital ford in Raleigh nc. I asked about a handheld tuner also, but naturally you are going to make more with a custom dyno tune. Maybe most of the power comes from the tune and minimal gains from the cai, I dont know. But I know they have had several new 5.0s bone stock dynoing 360ish rwhp and when they leave with a jlt cai and custom dyno tune, they are making 420-430rwhp. I will see if I can find som links to cars the have done.

As for the p springs, we really like them. They lower the car just enough for us and ride like stock. Got a great deal on them $160.

I personally would not run a handheld bama tune, lund tune, I dont care who they are. I'd rather throw it on a dyno and get a real tune.

You can. They data log and build a custom tune for your car. My friend just had his custom tuned by Shaun at AED. Shaun gave him a very conservative base tune and then my friend would do certain pulls(usually 3rd or 4th gear) that Shaun requested, data log them, Email them to him and normally within an hour or so Shaun would send an updated tune to try. After 3 sets of those we stuck it on a dyno and fine tuned the AFR and cam timing, all through Email. It take a little longer but it is still a custom tune from one of the best in the business. I also believe Lund, Bama, and BBR will all do the same thing. As for the dyno #'s, I'm sure you have heard that a dyno is simply a tool. The only real way to get true #'s is to go to the track. That said, my car made 365whp bone stock(right in the middle of 99% of these cars base #'s) and most are seeing mid 390whp after an intake and tune. Trust me, if AED, Lund, and all the others are getting within 5-10whp of each other, even with their shop cars, Fastlane wont get 75-100% MORE than everyone else. Sure, maybe they got 60whp when running a baseline on a 100* day with a really high DA and 87 octane, then doing the comparison run
on a 60* day, low DA with 93 in the tank. Many places do this to boost their #'s.

Here are a few links off you tube, different people, different tunes. I'm not saying fastlane is bad by any means, I do this simply so you dont have false hope or unrealistic expectations of what your getting. 30whp is likely what you'll get, and that's still damn good for an intake and tune :beer:

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Dyno Test (C&L Intake, SCT 91 Tune, Muffler Delete) - YouTube

Dyno Tuning 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L on Mustang Dyno - YouTube

2011 Mustang GT 5.0L - Custom Tuned with C&L Prototype CAI - YouTube
full boltons minus boss intake and TB
2011 Mustang GT 5.0 - Intake, Tune, Exhaust - Dyno - YouTube

2013 Mustang GT Dyno Results - Cold Air Intake & Bama Performance Tuner from AmericanMuscle.com - YouTube

Last edited:

footbraker

Established Member
Fastlane Motorsports Edition Stage 1 2011 5.0

2011 model. Cai and custom tune. 405rwhp. 2013 should make at least 8 more that it came with stock.

Only 13's on their site, one also has off road x pipe and boss intake making 430. I think the boss intake is a big waste of money.

I know a dyno is just a tuning tool but I doubt this mustang ever sees the track. This is her toy/nice weather driver. I have an automatic ls1 camaro for the track. Lol

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
My wife bought her a 2013 6 speed 5.0. So far we have done a gt500 axle back, 35% tint, frpp p springs, black emblems, blacked out the lights, and most recently 19 inch black AMR wheels with 245s and 275s. Next on er list is a cai, along with a custom tune. Thoughts so far?

wheels3g.jpg

wheelsu.jpg

wheels2ov.jpg

I may have to change my mod list, or I'll end up with a clone of this, it looks great man.

walked_u_hard

Established Member
you will not see 60 actual RWHP, as truebluedevil02 said there are plenty of ways to fudge dyno run and get fake numbers. Dont take what i am saying the wrong way i am just trying to tell you the truth. No one is putting down 60rwhp with just a intake and tune. The way to get 420-430rwhp is to go with a off road x and a tune, possibly CAI if you want to throw money at the car.

gas fumes are not really a issue if you have a decent tune. these motors are a hell of a lot more efficient than a fox, but not 60rwhp with a intake efficient.

Users who are viewing this thread