The way 93' Cobras should have looked.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Originally posted by monkeyspunk79
For what its worth: Its nice to see that people aren't shy about "telling it like it is" when it comes to other people's cars.:kaboom: And people wonder why Cobra owners are seen as snobs...

I didn't know Cobra owners were seen as snobs, I thought that was just Vette owners... :-D :rolling: :shrug: :p :thumbsup:

Seriously, I don't think Sonicbullet meant the post to degrade 93ReefNotch's car. We're all pretty informal in here and there are very few if any negative posts in this forum. Nothing wrong with saying what you like or don't like about a car, as long as it's done in a positive manner.

Of course the title of the post was "The way 93' Cobras should have looked." and posted in the fox body cobra forum.

If Sonicbullit had said "a heck of a lot better", I bet it wouldn't have seemed quite so negative to you. But, like I said, we all get along pretty well in here, and I didn't take the title of the post, nor Sonicbullet's post as negative.

I actually think it is an asset for people to "tell it like it is". After all almost every post on this board is asking for people's opinion/knowledge about our favorite subject: Mustangs!

I'll be the first in line to tell someone not to put 20" rims on their Mustang. That's my opinion, though, and I'm sure there are people out there who love their 20's on their stang - to each his own.

:coolman:

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
no I hear ya,

Vette owners are the world's worst group of enthusiasts. Very arrogant. But it just ticks me off when I feel that Cobra owners talk down to Mustang owners...they are the same car. (Let's not forget that about 80% of a GT and a Cobra are similar.) I grew up wrenchin on old Fox 85-86 GT cars with 302's. Hell I even had a Fairmont for a while. They are just as much fun as Cobras, its just that the Cobra has more stuff out of the box.

It just seemed a little too abrasive, that's all. I'll leave now and just chill out.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Originally posted by monkeyspunk79
Oh, and ditto with the 20 inch rims. Leave that for your Escalade or Navigator. "Bling Bling" and Mustang don't go hand in hand :)

amen, leave the "Bling Bling" for a nice set of polished aluminum heads... :burnout:

vcmoore

Established Member
Cobra wheels look good on the coupe. Although I'm not very fond of the flared exhuast tips. All together, not a bad looking ride. :coolman:

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
the 93' Cobra that I would want is very hard to find (Teal, black cloth, no sunroof.)

I have one that I am selling. Teal/black cloth/no sunroof, all stock, 56k miles.

I love your coupe but hate the cobra wheels on it. Of course I am not a big fan of 93 Cobra wheels. I would never buy any to put on a non cobra, but that just my opinion. I think your coupe would look good with a set of ROH ZS rims in 17x8.5

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
damn clean, i have an idea for vert with all the cobra stuff. what do you all think?

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
Yow! That looks sharp!

I think I would add a little duck-tail spoiler though. Basically the stock LX trunk-lip style.

I agree with everyone about the exhaust tips.

And you gotta have a snake on the side!

Later,

93ReefNotch

Established Member
I just put on a set of DynoMax Polished Stainless Tailpipes on the car. I prefer the car without any type of wing.. in wouldn't be a notch with a wing.

Lee

Established Member
93Reef, Please post a pic of the redone tailpipes. I'm very intested in doing the same thing on my 95.

thanks,

Lee

Established Member
Did you cut off the end of the Borla exhaust and weld these on? I'm very interested in doing the same thing. I need details, thanks.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
OK, 93 Reef, it wasn't enough to just show off your new tailpipes, you had to go and show how clean your undercarriage is, didn't you... :D

Lee, I bet he bought the pipes from the muffler back, not just the part from the axle back. If so, then just slip them over your mufflers and tack weld them in place.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Sad part is, he had just gotten through washing it, you can see water dripping off of it still. He dropped the whole rear axle out - probably got it on a bench somewhere detailing it out with a toothbrush or something. Dang, man, has it ever even been in the rain before? With my 3 year old and 8 month old kids, I'm lucky if I get myself that clean, let alone my car! :D :D :D

Last edited:

Lee

Established Member
What's the muffler back pipe diameter on the Borla system? 2.25 or 2.5 inches? I only saw 2.5 inch muffler back pipe from Dynomax but I think I remember the Borla pipe being 2 1/4 inches. What did you use Reefnotch?

93ReefNotch

Established Member
Originally posted by Lee
Did you cut off the end of the Borla exhaust and weld these on? I'm very interested in doing the same thing. I need details, thanks.

I cut the exhaust off behind the muffler and I welded the new tailpipes in place of the old. Thats basically it.

93ReefNotch

Established Member
Originally posted by 93Cobra2771
Sad part is, he had just gotten through washing it, you can see water dripping off of it still. He dropped the whole rear axle out - probably got it on a bench somewhere detailing it out with a toothbrush or something. Dang, man, has it ever even been in the rain before? With my 3 year old and 8 month old kids, I'm lucky if I get myself that clean, let alone my car! :D :D :D

:D Actually thats not water dripping down. Thats the factory runs from the undercoating in the wheel wells. I took the axle out to get the axle tubes welded and to get the rear built up. I went with superior 31 spline axles, eaton posi, FMS 3.73's, and a Trick Flow girdle. The car actually has 79k on it and I only put 2000 miles on it since I bought it in jan 03. Heres a few pic of before and after of the undercarriage.

DSC01017.JPG

000_0015.JPG

Last edited:

93ReefNotch

Established Member
Originally posted by Lee
What's the muffler back pipe diameter on the Borla system? 2.25 or 2.5 inches? I only saw 2.5 inch muffler back pipe from Dynomax but I think I remember the Borla pipe being 2 1/4 inches. What did you use Reefnotch?

The Borla system is only 2.25 and thats what I used on the new tailpipes. I went with DynoMax 2.25 polished stainless tailpipes.

Users who are viewing this thread