The Viper Market is Getting Real

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Crazy how Calvo's 9L is 15k more than prefix, I'd probably go with prefix because im poor.
I'd ngo with Nth moto. I had a ride in one of their TT cars....holy smokes
They're all equally as awesome. With the Calvo kit, you get more parts.

Antonio is a great guy and we've worked together on a few things. Scot and Prefix is equally a great guy. It would come down to timing.

Sent from my Potato

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
They're all equally as awesome. With the Calvo kit, you get more parts.

Antonio is a great guy and we've worked together on a few things. Scot and Prefix is equally a great guy. It would come down to timing.

Sent from my Potato
I need to stop ****ing around and sell some of my cars and send off the Viper for a TT kit.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I need to stop ****ing around and sell some of my cars and send off the Viper for a TT kit.
You wouldn't regret it. They're bulletproof up to 1600rwhp or so.

Sent from my Potato

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The issue is that I don't think I will be able to use it around here...I also enjoy tracking far more than drag racing.
Psh, it's usable.

I'd 9L it for the track.

I'm headed next weekend to Kansas Speedway to run their roval setup. Mark Kirby is bringing his 9L Competition Coupe, should be 750/700 at the tires. Definitely the way to go for road racing.

However, Cable Rosenberg out in Arizona is going to TT his new track car. Shooting for 1300rwhp.

Sent from my Potato

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Psh, it's usable.

I'd 9L it for the track.

I'm headed next weekend to Kansas Speedway to run their roval setup. Mark Kirby is bringing his 9L Competition Coupe, should be 750/700 at the tires. Definitely the way to go for road racing.

However, Cable Rosenberg out in Arizona is going to TT his new track car. Shooting for 1300rwhp.

Sent from my Potato
hehe, i told Cable he would probably do even better if he had an instructor help him hone his skills. But then again he is trying to tame a beast. He would probably do better if he was coached tho like how Treynor gets coached.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
hehe, i told Cable he would probably do even better if he had an instructor help him hone his skills. But then again he is trying to tame a beast. He would probably do better if he was coached tho like how Treynor gets coached.
He said he has 0 interest in coaching...he likes to learn by himself

Sent from my Potato

My94GT

Established Member
The viper market is crazy, part of the problem is you have a limited group of ownership with some who are buying up the cars that hit the market for what would be relatively “fair” market value and holding them or re listing for more to further prop up the pricing.

I can’t say I blame them but it sucks for someone like myself who wants a viper. Unfortunately the price bracket these are getting into is GT3 money and that may be the way I go moving forward.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Can't help but laugh at people who refuse coaching and try and get faster with more power

Yeah... but he is super fast haha Not very smooth, but fast. He has 15 or 16 track records.

The viper market is crazy, part of the problem is you have a limited group of ownership with some who are buying up the cars that hit the market for what would be relatively “fair” market value and holding them or re listing for more to further prop up the pricing.

I can’t say I blame them but it sucks for someone like myself who wants a viper. Unfortunately the price bracket these are getting into is GT3 money and that may be the way I go moving forward.

Act quick.

Sent from my Potato

My94GT

Established Member
Yeah... but he is super fast haha Not very smooth, but fast. He has 15 or 16 track records.

Act quick.

Sent from my Potato

If I could I would but I’m not in a position to buy a car. Dumping all my pennies into a custom home build. The price of an ACR will go into the pool, patio, outdoor kitchen.

the reality is I have zero time for toys these days with two kids under 3 and my work is crazy with market expansion right now. I’ve talked with the wife and I may be better suited finding something with 4 seats and fun that can still see some daily use. My thoughts is finish the home and go 992 turbo. Much different vs an ACR but more practical

SecondhandSnake

Established Member

Which is crazy in itself, with Porsches in general, but especially the GTs, being wild in price even before the pandemic.

Act quick.

Sent from my Potato

I hate to be put in that position. I refused to spend the extra money on a GTS or a blue one because of the inflated premium before I didn't think was worth it, and now all of them are over inflated. I'd hate to buy in a bubble and shell out such absurd premiums just because fed money printer go BRRRRRRR.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If I could I would but I’m not in a position to buy a car. Dumping all my pennies into a custom home build. The price of an ACR will go into the pool, patio, outdoor kitchen.

the reality is I have zero time for toys these days with two kids under 3 and my work is crazy with market expansion right now. I’ve talked with the wife and I may be better suited finding something with 4 seats and fun that can still see some daily use. My thoughts is finish the home and go 992 turbo. Much different vs an ACR but more practical
I understand.

I work 70 hours a week, have a 9, 7, 3 and 2 year old. Both older ones participate in national competitive sports.

Still gotta find time for some fun!
Which is crazy in itself, with Porsches in general, but especially the GTs, being wild in price even before the pandemic.

I hate to be put in that position. I refused to spend the extra money on a GTS or a blue one because of the inflated premium before I didn't think was worth it, and now all of them are over inflated. I'd hate to buy in a bubble and shell out such absurd premiums just because fed money printer go BRRRRRRR.
I would tend to agree with most cars.. but with 30k total Vipers being produced from 1992 to 2017 (none in 2007, 2011, 2012 or 2015) I think the Viper bubble is here to stay.

The Gen IIs especially. The guys and gals that had the Blue and White GTS posters on their walls as kids have disposable income now, and will gladly pay up for their childhood dream.

Sent from my Potato

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So it's not an engine it's a modification kit? For 45k? Wow. That's an expensive modification.

Well, in all fairness...your engine is a core return basically. That way they can push them out faster.

Calvo has power kits ranging from $35k-275k....and more if you want a custom kit.

Users who are viewing this thread