The Ulitimate Fighter

Lightning Steve

Established Member
(didn't see a thread so...)

The new season started, so what are your thoughts.

The coaches, I can't stand Jans Pulver, don't think he's that good and he just reminds me of a demented Lepricon, BJ Penn can be a bit weird but over all think he's a nice guy and a very good fighter, so it should be an interesting season just from the fact they don't like each other. I came close to shooting coffee out my nose when BJ said "okay all those who know 100% they want to be with me raise you hands". Talk about putting people on the spot! Then the fact both Penn and Pulver had no problems picking like that but Dana White was close to blowing a gasket, now that was funny.
Some of the fighters look to be quite good. The lighter weights (weather MMA or boxing) have always been at a faster, higher action pace should make for some exciting fights. I like that Joe Luzon (think his name is), Nick Diaz's brother should be interesting and that real tall guy maybe the one to watch out for.

moonman

Established Member
most likely best season of TUF yet, Nate Diaz is very good, i saw him at a show in AC once and talked to him afterward.
Joe Lauzon, in case anyone didnt know, already knocked Jens Pulver out in Jens comeback to the UFC, talk about ironic.
I like both coaches alot, Penn comes off as an *sshole in public but if you ever meet him in person he is REALLY nice, Jens is kinda the opposite, appears very easy going but if you ever meet him he is very focused.

svt_fan1129

Established Member
I have a feeling theres going to be lots of Drama. Snoop Dogg is starting to piss me off already. As a Muay Thai fighter, I don't see any of the guys with Potential yet.

CleanCobra

The Anti-Bling
Established Member
my instructor (Din Thomas) defeated Pulver. Penn is considered the better fighter, but don't forget jans beat him by decision in their only bout. IMO the "house drama" should be kept to a minimum - leave that for real world or whatever. I want to see the training sessions and the fights. I'm actually going to eat at the first eliminees resturaunt Monsta Lobsta (sp) in Tampa sometime next week.

pokerpoison

Established Member
I don't care for Penn at all. He is a pompous spoon fed brat and in all honesty I hope Pulver beats him soundly at the end of the season. Reguardless of personal feelings between most of the established fighters there is a respect that is generally given to each and Penn respects no one.

From a coaching stand point I think Pulver is going to be a better coach and has more resources to pull from. Expect to see fighters from the MFS camp show up during this season. I don't think your going to see muchcoaching from Penn's side.

That crap Penn pulled was really disrespectful but it's what the UFC wants to create ratings so be it.

pokerpoison

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Say what you want about Penn but he is GIFTED as all hell.

Yeah, I agree he is gifted as hell but I also think thats half of his problem. If the guy actually trained hard and had 1/4 of the heart of say Randy Couture, he would be unstoppable.

svt_fan1129

Established Member
I agree he is gifted also. At the age 13, he beat a 30 years old black belt back in his days. I have to say that Penn is a terrible coach. But we will see. It will be interesting this season...

Users who are viewing this thread