The time has come

inVision

Established Member
I am very sad to do this but it is for the better - I'm only 30 so in time I will be able to get back into this. Man, I was only 26 when I bought this car. For now, my career and future comes first. This is truly my dream car, I used to have an 02 Z06, I sold it and kept the R - thinking I would keep this one forever.

So....I've set up a private auction. Bidders will remain confidential. I encourage you all to bid, as I'd rather see the car go into the hands of a true track junkie :rockon: I'm really just using ebay as a form of communication, so email me before you bid. The car doesn't have to meet reserve to sell, if you know what I mean - so don't hesitate to bid (hint hint).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...=4539370412&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1
in case that doesn't work it's item# 4539370412

Last edited:

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
cobra1993svt said:
Is it sold even before it went up for auction? Nothing came up?
It won't be visible until 7pm PST, thats why nothing comes up yet....

inVision

Established Member
This is the text from the listing:

Starting bid: 30,995

This is a low mileage, excellent condition, track ready car - that has only been to the track 2x's. This car is hungry for more track time.

interior:
- 6 point chromoly cage custom built, painted performance red.
- 4 point Crow harnesses (5 point capable).
- MOMO pedals, with adjusted gas pedal (throttle cable) for optimum heal-toe.
- additional phantom gauges mounted in empty compartment in dash (air/fuel, rear diff temp) w/carbon fiber face plate.
- custom rear compartment made of honeycomb composite w/Hawker SBS 40 racing battery (stock battery included).

performance:
- Torsen T2R rear diff - stock included.
- 03 Cobra half shafts - stock included.
- 03 Cobra IRS brace - stock included.
- 3.73 FRPP gears.
- RACE systems 4 position chip.
- Bassani high flow exhaust including high flow cats.
- Kenny Brown rear diff cooler mounted in trunk with air ducted from cut out side vents and exiting cut out rear bumper vents.
- MM poly suspension bushings, front and rear.
- KB extreme matrix subframe connectors with jacking rails.
- Steeda front bump steer with X2 ball joints.
- Steeda rear steer kit.
- replaced incorrect rear suspension bolts.
- Borgensen solid steering shaft.
- MM aluminum rack bushings, custom modified for tighter fit.
- Functional hood louvres reinforced w/ carbon fiber.
- Front splitter reinforced w/ carbon fiber, jab rock attached to bottom.
- Front fascia reinforced with aluminum rods welded to frame.
- Custom air intake.
- KB front strut tower brace.

miscellaneous:
- Barely used front rotors - stock included.
- Hawk HP+ pads - stock pads included.
- 2 brand new, spare KD tires on OEM wheels, L & R.
- Mobil 1 15-50 every 6 months.
- Redline gear oil.
- Radiator flushed every 3 months
- 100% distilled water / watter wetter mix (we never get that cold here).
- Carcoon encapsulated car storage with ventilation fans and - battery charger (over $600 value).
- California car cover 100% flannel.
- Several coats of Zaino, winner of HB Concours d'Elegance (if that means anything) and several other shows.

All fabrication and installation done to highest quality specifications by Landmark Motorsport / Hybrid Racing. www.hybridracing.net YOU MUST EMAIL ME at [email protected] for further info before bidding on this car. If you bid before contacting me it will be removed. Carfax and more pics available upon request.

Last edited:

Andy M

Established Member
Mike,

Sorry that you are not in a position to keep the R! :( I know it must give you great pain to think of giving it up at this time. However, as you mentioned, you are still very young; and I am certain you will own another high performance car (or two, or three...) in your lifetime. Who knows, you might be able to get a Ford GT at some point?

Someone is going to pick up a VERY nice ride!!

Keep us posted!! and best of luck! Be sure to keep lurking here. You are always welcomed here, even after you sell the R. :D

inVision

Established Member
Andy M said:
Mike,

Sorry that you are not in a position to keep the R! :( I know it must give you great pain to think of giving it up at this time. However, as you mentioned, you are still very young; and I am certain you will own another high performance car (or two, or three...) in your lifetime. Who knows, you might be able to get a Ford GT at some point?

Someone is going to pick up a VERY nice ride!!

Keep us posted!! and best of luck! Be sure to keep lurking here. You are always welcomed here, even after you sell the R. :D

Well, auction ended today at $35,101 - and it will go the high bidder at that price. So someone scored BIG time.

Thanks for your support Andy, I will definitely keep in touch on this forum. You have all been very helpful and definitely have a great online community here.

I guarantee you, I will be back. I truly loved this car, and I will always be looking for that same "soul" in the future.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Mike:

I'll bet you're sorry to see your car go? :( Someone got a great deal on the package you had! :thumbsup:

We'll be waiting for you when you come back! :beer:

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
inVision said:
Well, auction ended today at $35,101 - and it will go the high bidder at that price. So someone scored BIG time.

Doesn't $35K seem low for a 2000R with so many desireable/expensive "race additions" as well as some show/race history, in comparision to the low mile originals we have seen run through eBay recently bringing $40K+ final bids? What's up with that??

Robert

Users who are viewing this thread