the t45 source

I_DREAM_OF_9'S

Established Member
Is anyone running one of there trannys or running any of there parts...I'm trying to get my t45 rebuilt and they sound like they know there stuff..

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
Another happy customer here to. I first went to promtion for a built T45....it lasted 1500 miles and 2 trips to the track before I blew 3rd gear.

9svt8

Bleeds Ford Blue
Established Member
For the ones that are running those, did they rebuild yours, or did you buy one from them? If you bought one, which one did you buy?

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
I sent him two messed up transmissions and got one back. I ordered the street/strip version and stuck with the 10 spline. We had some issues, but he took care of them and had pretty quick turn around. Overall I am satisfied with him and his company.

9svt8

Bleeds Ford Blue
Established Member
What are your guys thoughts comparing the t45 source built tranny to a hanlon motorsports built tranny...reason I ask is, I can drive 3 hours to hanlon. That would eliminate shipping charges for me.

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
What are your guys thoughts comparing the t45 source built tranny to a hanlon motorsports built tranny...reason I ask is, I can drive 3 hours to hanlon. That would eliminate shipping charges for me.

How many miles is that though? At $3.50 a gallon that might run you ~$50-60 in gas depending on your vehicle. So 6hr round trip..I'd almost pay the extra couple of bucks..

FWIW I shipped my tranny via Fed Ex.. 2 packages...cost was $116 from FL to OH.

I went with Zaks street/strip (26 spline, slammer fork, upgraded syncros, the whole 9.) It shifts fine. I might pull it and send it back to have it faceplated.

-Mark

9svt8

Bleeds Ford Blue
Established Member
116.00....that's not too hateful, might be worth it just to stay home and let fedex or brown handle it.

1996MysticSnake

Established Member
I have a Hanlon built t45 and its amazing the difference. I think both the t45 source and bob do pretty much the same thing to these transmissions. I got a 26 spline input, carbon syncros, steel guides, upgraded 1-2 and 3-4 fork and a bunch of other crap havent had it to the track yet because ive been trying to break it in but overall its awesome

1996MysticSnake

Established Member
If i remember correctly it was 1300, dont know if there was any kind of warranty. Bob is a real standup guy so i wouldnt be worried about getting screwed over something stupid

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
btw-I just found out that keisler makes a custom front cover for the T45 that will allow us to run a removable SFI bellhousing. pretty cool but the front cover alone is 500 bux

Iso

Sounds fast
Established Member
Another T45 source customer here, Zak is a stand up guy and helped me pick out exactly what I needed for my setup. Shifts soooooo smooth too.

corysmach1

Established Member
I am also curious about these trannies and hanlon....i am getting ready in a few months to start a solid build. The car should make 650-700rwhp. It will be a street car so i want it to shift smooth but it will be raced a lot also. I had 2 promotions in my mach and busted them and customer service was not good.

Users who are viewing this thread