The Story of Our Car

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
Well I studied this car for about 2 years through development and back in January when it got very real I showed it to my wife and she said dang that is sharp. About 2-3 weeks later I came home and she was on Ford.com and was designing a Shelby and asked my opinion I said good but it just dont grab me. I did not like her color choice and expressed my strong desire to get this car. We talked about the car about every 2-3 weeks and the car seened like as far away as when i saw my first one back in 1967 while riding my bicicyle. After many months of this the wife called me up and asked can we realy get this car and I all but nutted and said sure we can. Well the following Saturday after shopping online from Pa to FL and many more locations we ordered our car :) Got the Vin on September 22 was able to pull up the Sticker (thanks to those on this site) on September 29th and confirmed today that our car is in production! We will start vids and photos soon as it gets here. This site has been great for info so I advise everyone to read all post cause it is here most likely--Love afair soon to begin :)

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Congrats, welcome to the site and to the passion! You're doing just what I did 10 years ago. While I've had a Ford Mustang in one form or another for the last 25 years, I joined this site because the 2003 Cobra brought me here. I've been here ever since. Just like with the Terminator, I see a lot of guys coming here who aren't necessarily Ford guys (or weren't until now) but were drawn by the car. It's like 2003 all over again. lol

Hope you and your wife enjoy the car ( I have no doubt you will). It's got to be exciting. Congrats!

Planeswalker

Established Member
Grats on getting the car! Since ordering my car I have not missed a single post on here, it's a disease! I got my VIN last week, hoping to be able to pull up the window sticker by the end of the week. Build date is the week of Oct 22nd!

Torque king

Established Member
Addiction to this forum is a real problem. Thought I would fade away from it after taking delivery....no way. Too much good info passing through. You must pity the fool with a 2013 gt 500 on order or in the man cave not watching the forum...

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
Got an update and our car was built/completed Friday October 5th! SVT said feel free to call all I wished and they will keep me updated through the shipping process! est. ETA 21 October :)

We got Base Coupe model DIB with Red strips and the Recaro's we did not get excited about the other stuff offered being simple people lol.
Thanks for the welcomes and SVTPerformance is addictive! This process has been made so much better and bearable by reading and getting tips on tracking, break in info and just general information. Seams like a good collection of auto enthusist on here. Well now we just have to wait for a few days and drive it home! Oh and the wife just remarked I sure hope it dont snow on our car they are getting snow up north LOL!

VaporDude

Established Member
Congrats on your car. I see we have another Superman car here. That's what they call that color combination. You know all about those estimated dates, they just what they are, estimated. I hope you get it before that date anyway. You never know about Michigan weather but once it starts to head down south, there should be no worries.

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
Thanks VaporDude, Yeah I know the dates can bounce around "Super Man" is a good knick name surprisingly I never thought about it but is very close to a dead ringer for the Marine /corps dress blues red stripe and all. We both work on a Marine base so will get some looks I am sure LOL

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
I have been tracking our car since Tuesday when it started to move, went north got "Blended" at one location on a norfolk southern train then it switched to CSX and a day later or about it started to move agin headed south seemed to get a little stuck in Fostonia Ohio. As of Friday morning at 5am it was in Bellevue Ohio 78 miles closer to home than when it was built lol. Well it has moved pretty steady and as of 525pm this afternoon was in the Roanoke Va area :) It is hauling some train "###" now lol. The estimated delivery date was 21 October so if it dont stop We might get it as soon as Monday-Tuesday I guess it will transfer to a truck hope that dont take very long. It is going to be a little hard to sleep the next couple of days LOL

turbo

Established Member
I have been tracking our car since Tuesday when it started to move, went north got "Blended" at one location on a norfolk southern train then it switched to CSX and a day later or about it started to move agin headed south seemed to get a little stuck in Fostonia Ohio. As of Friday morning at 5am it was in Bellevue Ohio 78 miles closer to home than when it was built lol. Well it has moved pretty steady and as of 525pm this afternoon was in the Roanoke Va area :) It is hauling some train "###" now lol. The estimated delivery date was 21 October so if it dont stop We might get it as soon as Monday-Tuesday I guess it will transfer to a truck hope that dont take very long. It is going to be a little hard to sleep the next couple of days LOL
Can you please show me how you are tracking it? i'm in NJ and it should take a similar route. thanks and congratulations. mine is the bizaro version of yours, race red/sonic blue stripes

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
Tracking

Can you please show me how you are tracking it? i'm in NJ and it should take a similar route. thanks and congratulations. mine is the bizaro version of yours, race red/sonic blue stripes

There is a thread on here called train tracking or track a train that has all the different train companys and how to track each one. Our car started off on Norfolk Southern and switched to CSX on day 2. I got the train car number from my dealers visability report and it was "ETTX 909278" I then called the supplied number which is 1-877-744-7279 followed the voice prompts which I shortened pretty quick to select "5" Then select "3" and just answer the questions. You must be in a quiet spot any noise will confuse the prompter and cause it to want to send you to a customer service rep if this happens just hang up and try again.

:) :) :) As of mid morning today the train car now shows the status of being in New Bohemia since 639am 21st sunday morning to now "Empty released by customer" So my car is 208 miles from home (or less) and on a truck heading to the dealer!!!!! I am at work and pretty much a basket case lol :)

The Race Red with the Blue sounds good! If I hit the lottery I have already thought about getting a 14 that color lol

Last edited:

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
As can be seen by the new avatar our car arrived late this afternoon! :) and it is awesome! It looks better than i imagined and I am way happy with our color choice for sure! It got off the train Monday and got on a truck wednesday night and at the dealer today. The truck transport scuffed the bottom of the air dam so we are getting another and looking at the bright side the wife gets to rigure out the lenght of the car and bump it a time or to and we still get a new one lol

WAL

Established Member
As can be seen by the new avatar our car arrived late this afternoon! :) and it is awesome! It looks better than i imagined and I am way happy with our color choice for sure! It got off the train Monday and got on a truck wednesday night and at the dealer today. The truck transport scuffed the bottom of the air dam so we are getting another and looking at the bright side the wife gets to rigure out the lenght of the car and bump it a time or to and we still get a new one lol

Congrats man. Looking forward to seeing more pictures! :rockon:

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
Our car is still awesome :) 35k on the clock and still thanking the MOTO gods for this car! And thanks to the SVT team!

Users who are viewing this thread