The Story of My Saleen

WPGFORDGUY

Established Member
I am happy to finally say that I almost have my 1st Saleen.

I not so recently Purchased 07-178 a White S281SC coupe for myself, this one's not for sale.

I've been looking for a white SC coupe for about a year.

And it's been quite an adventure trying to get it.

On Feb 12th I found it on Ebay, in Brookings, OR with 931miles, and contacted to seller for a "buy it now price"

He and I agreed on a price and was considered sold.

Th seller contacts me by phone. He explains that he is selling the car for a friend that has fallen ill. He also explains the the car has a note against it. This normally is not a big deal, but the fact that I am exporting the car to Canada, it becomes a huge deal. The car Can't cross the border until the title is in hand.

He asks me to wire him a $15,000 depost to cover the note and I get VERY nervous.

I contacted the Local GM dealer (there wan't a Ford Dealer in the small coastal town) and ask him to adminster the deal for our safety and he agrees for a $1000 fee.

We Finally have the title in hand on April 5th!

On March 25th I left Winnipeg go to our Home in Naples, Florida for a little vacation. I instruct my shipper the 1st week of March that I want the car in My Garage at home when I return April 8th. His response " No Problem"

I return home, excited as heck to see my new car. Keep in Mind that Saleens are very rare in Canada and I have never seen an S197 Saleen in person.

No Car in the Garage. :(

I call the Shipper the next day, April 9th and he explains that the car is VERY close, in Montana, and will be here " for the weekend" MY 8 and 9 year old sons stand in the front window all weekend waiting for the car. The shipper is not returning my calls.

No car Shows up.

I call him on the 14th, VERY angry, he again promises that It will arrive by the 18th, no later.

I get a call from his assistant at 2:30 on the 18th, she expains to me that that car was not picked up and it will take a few more weeks at least to get it.

Exasperated, a good Friend of mine, and Solo II competitor show up at my office. He offers to fly down and drive it back ( I trust him to be careful with it) but the Airfare ended up being a fortune. Saturday Morning, he left winnipeg with his truck and trailer to get it for me as a favor.

As I type this, he is loading the car on the trailer in Brookings. Only 2068 Miles to go!!

I sure hope that good things come to those who wait....

Here is the longer ( if you can believe it) story...http://www.wpg-autox.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12664

and Art's Trip..

http://www.mapquest.com/mq/1-_4lQXJjeDq72

http://picasaweb.google.com/art.schroeder/Brookings

blck04gt

Just a stupid GT....
Established Member
Wow! Talk about a nightmare man! I hope everything turns out alright, and good things do happen to those with patience! You will definitely have to post up some pictures of it in your posession!

Good luck. :beer:

2K3SVT4ME

Established Member

Hey Their fellow Canuck I too just bought an 06 Saleen S281SC#205.....I bought it from Michigan directly off the lot of a Saleen Dealer. It had been traded in with 14,000 miles against a Saleen Extreme.....They make them here in Canada aswell but they are $70,000 bucks. I got the car for $37,000 when Our Dollar was worth 1.05 U.S. so really close to 50% off.......I wanted a white Coupe with the white wheel option but couldnt find one with under 20,000 miles that looked mint so bought mine which is a Torch Red Coupe with the Chrome Wheels.....post up a few pics when you get it id love to see it. heres mine.

my2006saleenS281SC.jpg
[/IMG]
my06saleen205.jpg
[/IMG]
my06rollingonhway.jpg
[/IMG]

Users who are viewing this thread