The stang is down

StangGt00

Supporting the GWOT, USN!
Established Member
No pic or video. Just as I was planning on going to the track with a camera, my motor took a crap. The #7 has 1/3rd the compression it should and the damn thing started smoking like a bitch.

Anyway, It will be geting a Big Bore 302 from VT engines in about a month when it's ready. I was told I should see no less than 350 RWHP and 370 RWTq. Then, I start looking for Cobras to play with :D Wish me luck.

StangGt00

Established Member
All the mechanical motor work was done by Kauffman Motorsports. I must have had a bade tune or something cause the car apparently detonated quite a bit, and I never noticed it over the sound of the exhaust or the stereo cranked up.

20SVT03

Wishin for that KB!
Established Member
if Dave tuned it at Kauffmans i doubt you had a bad tune

StangGt00

Established Member
Dave didnt tune it. It was more of a lack of tuning after I got the fuel pump and mass air straightened out. I was dealing with Amazon for my tuning, and after replacing the mass air from the C&L to a factory because it kept dropping off, it never got retuned. They strapped it down and it pulled good on the dyno, but he didnt have his wideband O2 working, so he just used the readings from the car's computer for the A/F. I found out later that at WOT it doesnt read the actual A/F, but the commanded A/F. Dont know how true it is, but anyway, it wasnt retuned for the new mass air. After pulling the head, #7 had shown detonation and lost compression. They couldnt find anything else to be the cause.

Users who are viewing this thread