• Steeda

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Kenny Brown

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ashentep

Established Member
I've got Eibachs right now and hate them. They were on the car when I bought it. The car is too soft with the Eibachs, IMO. I want a stiffer spring, so when I get the dough, I'll be getting H&R Super Sports, or Race springs.

Trblmkr

Established Member
I'm torn on what to get since I have no reference on any of them other then this board.

I tried going threw some of the posts to see what people have but too time consuming.

I've heard that Eibachs are not level??
I've heard that Steeda's are close to the same thing that comes with the '01 now.
I've heard that H&R are for serious auto-crossers. IE they are stiffer so there for you have a harder ride.

I like the ride my car currently has. I just want to lower it 1.5". Not into dragging or auto-cross.

But what ever results I get from the people on this board is what I will probably go with since they actually "HAVE" them installed already.

so LET'S VOTE GUYS!!!!!

shadow

got snake ?
Established Member
I love my Eibach's, along with the Bilsteins. The springs alone rode a little harsh for me, but with the Bilsteins, it is awsome.
If you plan on auto crossing or road racing, you might consider a harsher spring like the H&R's but you WILL give up ride quality.

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
I voted Kenny Brown, but I haven't done them yet.

I will be getting the club sport springs for 'verts with IRS.

I already ordered the '03 cobra front struts (bilstein) for my car.

I will get HAL adjustable shocks for the rear.

Undecided on C/C plates as of now.

71stang99

Established Member
springs

Since there are apparent differences between the 99 and 01 cobra (seats, rear bumper, rims, price), (not suspension) in regards to the specific nature of this post, I will only post this for the 99 owners who might be reading this in hopes of information for their 99, I like the Eibach Pro-Kit so far for daily driving (Coupe).

Last edited:

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> why that one ??

Because you should consider springs, shocks and caster/camber plates at the same time. The MM kit comes equipped with proven, branded components including Bilstein Sport shocks and Hyperco Hypercoil springs. Replacing a stock setup with coil-overs reduces both sprung and unsprung weight. The result is an improvement in acceleration and suspension dynamics.

------------------
Conventional springs are 25% efficient to the wheel hub and have a lot of frictional force associated with there location. The max for a conventional spring I believe is around 1,000# due to the load presented on the pivet points. Coil-overs are 90% efficient and don't present the additional loads on the pivet points. - toofast4u
------------------

Trblmkr

Established Member
Ox... I have the Bilstein Shocks/Struts with ??? springs and MM Caster Camber plates.

This seems to be a good set up from what I've been reading on the board and most are not doing the coil-overs.

Thanks for the info... I'll be sure and keep it in mind for later down the road..

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> I have the Bilstein Shocks/Struts with ??? springs and MM Caster Camber plates...

Do you have #MMCC9994 c/c plates? If so, you can send the rear shocks to MM to be grooved for Hypercoils and simply purchase the front and rear coil-over kits.

Trblmkr

Established Member
Well after much debate and research and reading the boards.. I went with the Steeda Sport Springs... I bought them locally so If I have any problems, I can just take them back and not have to deal with Steeda directly.

I'll post pics after I'm doing with the installs. Thanks for those that voted, and offered their opinion....

99cobrajms

Established Member
If your looking for stiff from Eibach. Get Eibach's Pro-Kit 2000 Cobra Rs

I have them with Koni SA Yellows. She corners like a MFr....

These babies are 800LBrs for the Front and 750LBrs for the Rear.

I do have a 99, but should be the same for an 01.

John

trplblacksnake

Alcohol disposal unit!
Established Member
putting steedas on tomorrow along with Bilstines and some rear pinion bushings and Caster Camber plates will be on next week. Ill Tell you how I like them tomorrow and then give more info after getting the CC plates.

trplblacksnake

Alcohol disposal unit!
Established Member
putting steedas on tomorrow along with Bilstines and some rear pinion bushings and Caster Camber plates will be on next week. Ill Tell you how I like them tomorrow and then give more info after getting the CC plates.

Users who are viewing this thread