The solution to all Mankind's problems...

Andorion

ÆNIMAL
Established Member
I look forward to the day when Asimov's vision in Foundation's Edge is realized, when the one-consciousness, Gaia, is awakened.

When we share eachothers thoughts and feelings not because we think and act as one but because we ARE one, humans will have truly taken the "next evolutionary step." Until this happens, humans will remain stagnant as a species. This step will likely be brought about through technology (think: Borg), and despite initial massive resistance, the benefits of the one-consciousness will be undeniable.

~Berj

CobraGirlSVT

Established Member
a-bomb.jpg

Andorion

ÆNIMAL
Established Member
Hive creatures weren't always hive creatures, they evolved that way because that was the most efficient (in terms of survival) route. That being said, even Hive creatures are "independant" - they think for themselves, they just think in such a way that they act as a Hive. I'm talking about THINKING as one - a universal consciousness, a sharing of thoughts and status on the most basic level. The Borg, on the other hand, are as described through technology - something I can definitely see us achieving (think brain implants, instant communication with others, etc.)

Who knows what the future holds =)

~Berj

kaos

Established Member
I think that's cool, but when I want to masterbate and think of all kinds of kinky things will everybody be able to hear or can I still hide those bad bad thoughts?

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Berj, the Borg might be an ideal situation if you like 1 minded community but as you'd seen they still have a master mind behind it, controlling every thing. Thus that would bring us to a community that is brainless or non-opinionated.

Last edited:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by omslaw
I knew you were going to say that.

Nothing wrong with that. Just that every one is different & different folks need / want different things out of life.

So a world or should we shorten the spectrum to just a mear few thousand of folks would actually want some thing like that.

This is one of those things in life.

" Nothing is perfect, so its actually perfect since its NOT perfect "

:shrug:

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
To be, or not to be, that is the question. Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing, end them.

To die,.... To sleep

I personally do not want to live in a world where only one concsiousness exists. I've played in a number of bands, and the best music always comes from the interchange of ideas, the spark of imagination that comes from hearing something different, the inspiration of the unexpected.

I live for the freedom to cut my heart open and bleed my feelings out on the world through my guitar, my voice. To intertwine them in harmony with those of another, to play a counterpoint. God, a collective soul would be pointless, what makes life exciting is the danger of free will, the ability to connect my heart to my hands, my voice, my soul, and let my feelings out with no social filter.

Most of us live with a quiet little voice in our heads, constantly saying to us "Be Careful, her child is disabled, no retarded jokes, don't try to pass that car, watch for cops or you'll get a ticket, don't run with scissors" and we never learn how to turn that voice off and just explore the joy of living.

I'm not saying you should say hurtful things and let others deal with it, but you need to turn off the voice for your passions and stretch them out, or you're nothing but a fraud, holding back, fearful, of failure, of embarrassment, of falling short of your own expectations.

We are all in this boat together. Don't be afraid to row your heart out now and then. The world over recognizes and celebrates effort. It's why sports are so popular. Don't leave anything behind on the field of life, or the worst thing of all will happen.

Regret

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Jesus H Christ I leave for Texas for a couple of days and Berg ruins the damned forum. Now people are thinking and shit. :nonono:
LL and Dan -- you have to help snuff this stuff when it starts...
:lol1: :lol1:
James

Users who are viewing this thread