the snake and the Firebird

Poisoned Pony

The Mach that Rocks
Established Member
tomorrow night is wednesday night bracket racing, so I came home from work and got the Cobra ready for the track since I go there straight after work. I get the drag radials on, remove the crap from the trunk and go out for a test drive. My housing community is off a long 4 lane street that's more like a expressway. There's about 3/4 mile between lights. So I'm out here, testing the drag radials :burnout: I stop at a light and watch a newer Trans Am turn right in the direction I'm going. He obivously wanted to play since he hammered it 2 gears when he finished his turn. I checked the mirrors, cut the Metallica and made chase. I caught up to him, dropped it to 2nd gear and blipped the thorttle. He dropped a gear and motioned the next light. I nodded and got on it alittle, as did he. We catch the next light, he asks what I have, to which I replied "bolt ons :-D " He's running a cut-out, lid and chip. I noticed the light turning yellow for the opposite traffic. I checked the mirrors, brought the RPMs to 4k and held it, he brought his RPMs up also. Green hit and I launched hard. The DR's gripped (I love freshly broken in Nittos!!) and my car was running like a raped ape. I hit 2nd at 6500, she squatted and kept moving. I'm edging the LS1 by a nose. I shift to 3rd with authority and move ahead by a fender, by the distance closes alittle when shifts to 3rd also. I shift to 4th and hold my lead up to I called it quits at 5000 in 4th gear (speedo is off because of the 4.30 gear swap). He pulls even, yells nice run. I nodded, yelled thanks and exchanged :thumbsup: as I turn back to my housing track.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by NastyWS6
Good run :thumbsup:
Good kill!:beer:

I have a speedo compensator from SHM for 4.30 gears and 245/45-17's if you want to buy it. Make me an offer.:-D

You should hear his car at WOT. That thing is loud! And sweet sounding! Let us know how you do tomorrow.

Poisoned Pony

The Mach that Rocks
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
Good kill!:beer:

I have a speedo compensator from SHM for 4.30 gears and 245/45-17's if you want to buy it. Make me an offer.:-D

You should hear his car at WOT. That thing is loud! And sweet sounding! Let us know how you do tomorrow.

yeah, I'm interested, I'm sick of having to look at a Post It note to convert my RPMs to MPH

the car is gonna get louder soon. Switching from a 2 1/4" stock system with welded in Flows to a 2 1/2" Mac Flowpath system. My neighbors will surely hate me now :-D

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
cool deal Poisoned Pony, we should make plans of hitting up sac speedway together one of these days. I most likely wont be able to make it to john's shop on Saturday. I might be there friday for an intake install though....

03DOHC

Established Member
So how did you do at the track?

Did you just get your 4.30's? If so I thought I told you I have a set of gears, 2 differentials and Moser 31 spline axles that will fit your car. Let me know.

Poisoned Pony

The Mach that Rocks
Established Member
I got in 2 practice runs before eliminations began. Left lane's 1/8 clocks were busted, so I all got were reaction, 60' and 1/4 mile, small price for the lane that was hooking the best :-D

Run 1:
reaction: .727
60': 2.06
1/8 ET and MPH: blank
1/4 ET: [email protected]

Run 2:
reaction: .888
60' 1.99
1/4: [email protected]

so I dialed in at 13.10, thinking I'll sandbag it alittle, 1st round, alittle cooler out, I did a longer burn-out to heat the Nitto's up, staged, launched good and pulled a clean run. But I was eliminated because I broke out

reaction: .661
60': 1.95
1/4: [email protected]!!!

finally, I have my 12 n/a!!!!!!!!!! Beer's on me!!!! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread