The S197 Shelby GT500...Too Much Fun to Leave Parked

SCALILOU

Established Member
I don't really mind being insulted but I'm curious as to why you're so defensive about this issue. the links you provided do not clarify whether a super snake is required or if any GT500 can be upgraded in CA. yes I read everything. also not explained is whether it's still valid since the law changed in July. insult me some more if you want but this is an important issue because when you drop eight grand into a supercharger and then you can't pass smog because the tune file is invalid well then you've got a garage Queen on your hands.
I don't appreciate you insinuating I'm a liar. Anyone in this scene since the birth of the S197 knows there have been 50 state legal kits for these cars. If you didn't know that, then my statement holds true. If you did know that, and are calling me out by asking for this "mysterious out" you think doesn't exist, then you are going to receive a smart ass reply back.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SCALILOU

Established Member
And I just passed smog with mine, so the EO number is still valid. Again, with a Google search you can find the actual EO order online and read it yourself to verify.
I don't really mind being insulted but I'm curious as to why you're so defensive about this issue. the links you provided do not clarify whether a super snake is required or if any GT500 can be upgraded in CA. yes I read everything. also not explained is whether it's still valid since the law changed in July. insult me some more if you want but this is an important issue because when you drop eight grand into a supercharger and then you can't pass smog because the tune file is invalid well then you've got a garage Queen on your hands.

bg302

Established Member
And I just passed smog with mine, so the EO number is still valid. Again, with a Google search you can find the actual EO order online and read it yourself to verify.

I have the same kit as you, I installed it back in March. In Colorado, we have the same emissions standards as Cali, the main reason I went with the KB kit. I'm due for smog next month. You had no issues with smog?
For people that don't know, I posted the link to the CARB site, showing the KB CARB # D-271-28 for our cars. Not sure what part of this he's not understanding. I just printed mine to have with me come smog time next month. I also have the decal KB sent me.

Hopefully this clears it up for him.......

SCALILOU

Established Member
I have the same kit as you, I installed it back in March. In Colorado, we have the same emissions standards as Cali, the main reason I went with the KB kit. I'm due for smog next month. You had no issues with smog?
For people that don't know, I posted the link to the CARB site, showing the KB CARB # D-271-28 for our cars. Not sure what part of this he's not understanding. I just printed mine to have with me come smog time next month. I also have the decal KB sent me.

Hopefully this clears it up for him.......
Yep, I just went in, he popped the hood, looked at the EO number, checked readiness codes and that's it. No problem. It was a Star station too, if that matters. You have to have the KB tune that came with your kit tho in the car when you get smogged. I doubt you would pass if you have a Lund tune or other aftermarket tune with the kit. I've heard of people not passing because of that. Just the kit and EO number won't pass you, the KB supplied tune must be in the car as well.

bg302

Established Member
Yep, I just went in, he popped the hood, looked at the EO number, checked readiness codes and that's it. No problem. It was a Star station too, if that matters. You have to have the KB tune that came with your kit tho in the car when you get smogged. I doubt you would pass if you have a Lund tune or other aftermarket tune with the kit. I've heard of people not passing because of that. Just the kit and EO number won't pass you, the KB supplied tune must be in the car as well.

No worries there, I loaded the KB tune back in after the last race of the season, back in September. All the OBD readiness monitors are set, checked them last week. I haven't put my EO decal on yet, kinda worried it'll eventually peel off with all the underhood heat. I think it's supposed to be put on the drivers strut tower?
I won't put the Lund tune back in until after smog, then I'll be good for 2 years.
Kinda sucks that we really can't mod the kit anymore. There is so much power left in these blowers, really only need to add larger injectors and a smaller pulley.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
As it’s snowing today, we had a few great car days right before Christmas. I am glad my car is under the knife currently as so I don’t drive it. It’s WAY more fun then the bike. My Dad loved to look at his cars and maybe take them to a car show but they stayed parked a long time. I drive every chance I get if the roads are clean. Hopefully spring weather comes on time this year.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

850SNCobra

Established Member
Man, daily driving mine almost never gets old. Only time I really hate it is when it's raining or really really cold. Other than that, it's a blast every time I turn that key lol.

My plan was to only daily it for a year, here we are coming up on year 3 I think LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread