The room in these cars is amazing!

robraySVT

Established Member
So my mom decides she needs a new full size microwave and a new 27" T.V., and guess who gets to go pick them up after work. Well, after I get off today I head down to the mall, and my first stop is Sears to pick up the microwave. it fits perfectly in the hatch area, but now I'm thinking :cuss: there is no way a 27" T.V. and microwave will both fit in one trip or even at all. I get to circuit city and the guy comes out with the box, and when I saw it it was freaking huge.:dw: I'm getting pretty :fm: because I don't want to have to make another trip out there. The guy was real cool and said I don't think so, but we can give it a shot. I open the hatch and take the M.V. out. Then I take the little cover with the two strings on it off. after folding down both back seats we slowly start to put it in, and after pushing it all the way forward it fits perfect. The hatch door closes with a few inches to spare.:beer: Next, I put the microwave in the front passenger seat and it is a perfect fit. I couldn't have been happier. Try doing that in a Mustang!:rockon: :coolman: My little freak pleasantly surprises me with something new on an almost daily basis.:beer:

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
You should see it with the rear seats/spare/everything else taken out. It's absolutely cavernous. Glad to hear you are experiencing the huge benefits of a hatch. I'm glad ford used the hatch for the SVT, instead of the sedan. E-

rollout1

Established Member
Prior to owning the SVTF I had a Ford Explorer (already had a ZX3). We ONLY needed an Explorer once a year for our 2 week vacation in Michigan. We spend 2 weeks up there and have to take summer/winter wear (if you know MI you will understand), bedding, golf clubs, computers, etc. This stuff filled our Explorer and I even had to tie the clubs onto the roof.

This year we took just a bit less (but NOT much less) in the ZX3 (left my SVTF in the garage for 2 weeks) and even had the clubs INSIDE the car! I took a smaller golf bag, but still had all 14 clubs in it.

The only downside was that my wife could not bring back as much "stuff" as usual.....OH was that a DOWNSIDE????? LOL

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Well, I know for a fact that it has more leg and headroom than my Bud's '92 512TR Testarossa! :rollseyes (Yeah, I'd take the Ferrari too;-) )

Otherwise, a pick-up truck is good to have.

KCFocusSVT

Established Member
I don't have use of my hatch since I've got 2 12" woofers in a box with the amp back there, but I was still able to get 3 HP Proliant ML 350's into the back seat and some monitors into the front. Another time I had 4 computers still in their boxes in the back and a printert in the front seat. Still amazes me how much junk I can cram into that sucker.

Users who are viewing this thread