The Road to Fitting 15x4 welds

03terminat0r

Established Member
My question is what is the best way to fit 15x4 welds (or any wheel) up front.

The factory brakes are too big and after searching/talking to different shops I have gathered that there are a few ways to fit 15x4's. It seems that 05-09 mustang v6 rotors and calipers will fit under a 15x4 wheel and is the cheapest route. Another option would be to go for a smaller brake kit from Aerospace components or someplace like wildwood, but they are all a bit pricey. The reason I would like to run 15x4's opposed to 18x5's is because the 18's are a lot more expensive than the 15's, and when looking at tires the 15's have more options.

I'm just looking for any advice on the best way to fit some 15's. Any suggestions are much appreciated. If anyone has fit 15x4's in the front please feel free to chime in.

akwhtbst

Established Member
I fit 15x4's on the front of my 14GT. I used the 05-09 v6 caliper mounts, my factory gt calipers and 05-09 v6 rotors. Took a little bit of grinding on my calipers because of the wheels I used. I would bet the welds wouldn't require any grinding.

03terminat0r

Established Member
I fit 15x4's on the front of my 14GT. I used the 05-09 v6 caliper mounts, my factory gt calipers and 05-09 v6 rotors. Took a little bit of grinding on my calipers because of the wheels I used. I would bet the welds wouldn't require any grinding.

I think that is the route I will choose. I'm guessing with the 05-09 v6 caliper everything will fit nicely.

Speedboosted

Established Member
I think that is the route I will choose. I'm guessing with the 05-09 v6 caliper everything will fit nicely.

All the 2 piston sliding calipers are the same across the board for S197's. Just differences in caliper brackets and rotors.

Users who are viewing this thread