The replacement for my C6Z06

1.8t

Established Member
I had a 2008 Z06 with minor cosmetic mods(lowered, CCW's, etc) for 2 years and honestly, it was the best car I had ever owned. A few months back, for some reason or another, I started to get the itch for something "new". I tend to get this itch about every 2 years regardless of what car I have and how good it has been to me. I decided to list my Z for a price I would let it go for and see if there was any interest. Low and behold, it sold 4 days after being listed. Whether I made the right decision or not will pan out with my ownership journey with it's replacement. I had always said the only car I could see myself getting rid of my Z for would be a Viper. True to form, I found this car all the way across the country no less than 1 week after selling my Z.

It is a 2009 Dodge Viper VOI Edition 10 car with 3300 miles. This car comes from the factory with the ACR forged wheels and stoptech 2 piece rotors. It is the lightest of all Gen. IV cars(less the ACR hardcore which doesn't have A/C) as it has the ACR goodies without the aero(added weight and of course, downforce). I did not want an ACR as this car will primarily be used on the street and the factory aero, while obviously extremely functional, would be overkill for my application and I would rather have less drag for "mexico" runs. It has quite the presence in person and once you are in the car, it is pretty damn comfortable as well(did have to order the 1" seat lowering kit though). There is obviously no shortage of power and the car stops and turns every bit as good as it goes. So far, I feel this was the right move. There are still things I certainly miss about my Z and always will, but there are also things to look forward to with this car and I am extremely excited to experience said things with the new set of wheels.

Oh yea, and this silver/black stripe combo is unique to this edition Viper. It seems every Viper these days has a 1 off color combo's, but none the less, its pretty cool to know that only 78 of these were ever built and this color/stripe combo will never be replicated again.

6074194072_6576a8959b_b.jpg

6074193222_b5dbb6b942_b.jpg

6074191002_370b39f137_b.jpg

6073650613_48744dd2f0_b.jpg

6073648135_ce67f10e4f_b.jpg

6074756785_b573b85d20_b.jpg

6074755211_067074d923_b.jpg

6075294398_c6e53c4a6b_b.jpg

6074753209_9db8a06a1a_b.jpg

6074752307_13e7a022b6_b.jpg

Bring on the Accord comments:burn:

Last edited:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Awesome car. Any vids to come?

Funny you mention the Accord. Anytime I see someone in a POS driving down the street, I always wonder what they have stored at home. There is a guy in the next big town over that DDs an old rusted out Subaru Brat, but has two jet powered dragsters as his "toys".

FlaHP

Established Member
Ha I was about to post a Honda comment and say that you already saw it coming.

A t my house it would go like this

Yea hey honey how ya like your 20 year old Honda? Oh its fine... Good come see my new ride.

BTW I sill have a 93 Acura just because it won't die

04RiceEater

Established Member
My dream car right there! Are you in Atlanta or Cali? Looks great and I bet it gets alot of comments. Im sure you miss the Z but a viper is so much more rare and is a instant head turner. IMO you made the right decision. Congrats!

cmsnake

Established Member
Beautiful car, but did I just hear you say 'comfortable' and 'viper' in the same breath? The few Ive been in have been absolutley the most uncomfortable, rough riding cars Ive ever been in. The newest one Ive been in was an 06 I beleive. Maybe they have fixed this issue or put better seats in it?

1.8t

Established Member
My DD is a 97 Acura Integra GSR w/ 90k miles in damn near perfect shape. The Accord is my parents yard car and mainly just sits unless myself or one of my brothers ever needs it. Essentially, the last time that car moved was probably a few months ago, but it cranks right up and runs like a champ. It was worth its weight in gold when I was in college and needed a vehicle when mine was down for modifications.

1.8t

Established Member
My dream car right there! Are you in Atlanta or Cali? Looks great and I bet it gets alot of comments. Im sure you miss the Z but a viper is so much more rare and is a instant head turner. IMO you made the right decision. Congrats!

I am in Atlanta. I bought the car from a guy in California. He just left his plates on the vehicle.

04RiceEater

Established Member
I am in Atlanta. I bought the car from a guy in California. He just left his plates on the vehicle.

Ok, figured that. Maybe I will see you driving around, im in Sandy springs. Hopefully one day I can get a viper as sweet as yours.:rockon:

1.8t

Established Member
Ok, figured that. Maybe I will see you driving around, im in Sandy springs. Hopefully one day I can get a viper as sweet as yours.:rockon:

Alpharetta here. If you ever go to any C&O events, I am sure I will see you or your car there:beer:

Detroit

Established Member
Bad ass for sure, I love vipers. I think the Z06 is a better car but you see 500 corvettes to 1 viper so that is nice. But then again what do I know, I have owned neither:dw:

Users who are viewing this thread