The red vacuum lines...

Morningstar908

Established Member
The red plastic vacuum line that plugs into the fuel pressure regulator...whats it for? I just deleted my smog system and I want to know if those lines are part of it...

-Adam

Helomech74

Established Member
The fuel pressure regulator is a separate vacuum line then the EGR/Smog system. They both plug into the large vac union on the back of the intake, but the EGR is separate. You can not delete the line from the fuel pressure regulator. If you are taking off the EGR, you may as well remove the secondary air injection too. Remove the EGR tube, DPFE, EGR valve, EGR Vac regulator, Secondary air pump, hard lines to the manifolds, and all related vac lines that run that stuff. I just got done doing mine and it was a nice pile of crap when I was done.

Morningstar908

Established Member
i removed the secondary air pump...im wishing I had the EGR deleted also just to clean things up. Can anyone post detailed pics of their stock cobra vacuum lines and where they run...or point me in the direction of some detailed information on vacuum lines.

-Adam

WhiteFoxGT

Resident Ford Tech
Established Member
i removed the secondary air pump...im wishing I had the EGR deleted also just to clean things up. Can anyone post detailed pics of their stock cobra vacuum lines and where they run...or point me in the direction of some detailed information on vacuum lines.

-Adam

Today is your lucky day

EWB14003.gif

Users who are viewing this thread