The real history of SVTPerformance.com

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
Anyone know who/how this place got started? Was this just a personal site at first that grew? Did the majority of action come with the introduction of the 03 cobra?

I'm just curious. And who is the lucky bastard(s) getting the checks from all the advertising vendors?

You can tell me to MYOB. I'm sure others are interested as well.

Thanks and just want to say great place!

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
I dunno some ppl might wanna jump in ! Unfortunatly I think i'm the only one left from the original cast and my role has become less and less as the site has blown up. I'll take a stab at it !

It all started when I started posting on Fordvschevy.com. And these two brothers needed help on a site that they were trying to make for Dakota r/t's ! At first it started out great. I got along with them and I was more or less secluded because at the time was going through Chemo Therapy and was not allowed outside after my cycles. So, while I was stuck inside I started helping them with there website. My dad just got me photoshop and I had Microsoft Frontpage. And they bought a UBB board ! Well working together we learned alot. I learned how to upload stuff to servers and how DNS and everything works and later on even learned how to do everything with the ubb board ! Well for 2 or 3 months every night we would work on that site and just bounce ideas and graphics off each other. And it was finally made. www.dodgertclub.com. It quickly became flame bait and the lightning owners came over. There was one guy that asked me to help him with a site of his own. BlkSVTTruck on here who contacted me on AIM and we started bouncing ideas off each other. He was very pumped and at the time had another buddy by the name of ZorPrime that helped with everything also. We then started doing everything. Dave bought a UBB Board and I started making the graphics and HTML. This site started out as just a project while I was sick fighting Hodgkins Disease to pass the time and to learn a new skill. Because of this site I know have very good knowledge of alot of stuff like html and photoshop.. There is nothing that I made originally left on the site but I still smile everytime I come in here to see what Steve has made it. He has taken it to a new level. There has been alot of fights and alot of other stuff on the board over the years but truthfully i've still never found a place on the net even half this cool.. This was a short summarized version. I could prolly go on for days about it ! :) But I can't stand reading more than 30 lines ! :)

nj7703

Established Member
Originally posted by Ripper
I dunno some ppl might wanna jump in ! Unfortunatly I think i'm the only one left from the original cast and my role has become less and less as the site has blown up. I'll take a stab at it !

It all started when I started posting on Fordvschevy.com. And these two brothers needed help on a site that they were trying to make for Dakota r/t's ! At first it started out great. I got along with them and I was more or less secluded because at the time was going through Chemo Therapy and was not allowed outside after my cycles. So, while I was stuck inside I started helping them with there website. My dad just got me photoshop and I had Microsoft Frontpage. And they bought a UBB board ! Well working together we learned alot. I learned how to upload stuff to servers and how DNS and everything works and later on even learned how to do everything with the ubb board ! Well for 2 or 3 months every night we would work on that site and just bounce ideas and graphics off each other. And it was finally made. www.dodgertclub.com. It quickly became flame bait and the lightning owners came over. There was one guy that asked me to help him with a site of his own. BlkSVTTruck on here who contacted me on AIM and we started bouncing ideas off each other. He was very pumped and at the time had another buddy by the name of ZorPrime that helped with everything also. We then started doing everything. Dave bought a UBB Board and I started making the graphics and HTML. This site started out as just a project while I was sick fighting Hodgkins Disease to pass the time and to learn a new skill. Because of this site I know have very good knowledge of alot of stuff like html and photoshop.. There is nothing that I made originally left on the site but I still smile everytime I come in here to see what Steve has made it. He has taken it to a new level. There has been alot of fights and alot of other stuff on the board over the years but truthfully i've still never found a place on the net even half this cool.. This was a short summarized version. I could prolly go on for days about it ! :) But I can't stand reading more than 30 lines ! :)

On a side note,and i know totally off topic, hope you beat that damn Hodgkins :beer: Nice to see a "happy" chemo story after all the crap ones i see every day. :)

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by nj7703
On a side note,and i know totally off topic, hope you beat that damn Hodgkins :beer: Nice to see a "happy" chemo story after all the crap ones i see every day. :)

:beer: 2nd what Mike said :beer:

And thus far this site is great :thumbsup:

Thanks Nick

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
Thanks ! Yeah it was tough at first. When your just getting out of high school and trying to get your future in order and your told you have cancer it's tough mentally and physically ! I'm 3 years in remission now. And feel almost 100 % back to normal. It's unreal everytime I go back for my checkups how lucky myself and most of us are ! It's prolly the greatest thing that has ever happened to me in a way because I prolly would have taken life and my health for granted. Don't know how lucky you are until you go into a hematology/oncology clinic and seeing so many brave kids fighting Leukemias and other childhood diseases before they even goto first grade ! :(

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Very interesting reading, Nick. I hope your medical health continues to be good. Being a diabetic for most of my life has given me a different perspective on diseases. I hate them all!

Steve,
Any remembrances from you on the beginings of the site?

Moderators,
How did you guys get started?

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
Thanks for the skinny Ripper.. Had no idea you were involved from the beginning..

I can relate.. My dad died at 42 yrs old from bone cancer leaving 5 kids youngest of which was 3

Not looking for sorry's . Just want to say Congrats on being able to be here to talk about it and I'm sure you're a better person for it!

Anyone else ???Gotta be more details out here

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Very interesting thread Ive often wonderd about the history of this site. This is one of the first sites I found when I was waitng for my Cobra to be deliverd. Only down side is it makes all other sites seem lame in comparision. Glad to hear your medical condition is improving Nick God bless.

nj7703

Established Member
How did all of you find this site? My salesguy told me about it the day i bought my car. I guess he should tell the service manager to not be pissed if i get mod crazy :-D

Rearpl8tsinsite

QQQQ
Established Member
Wish you the best Nick! Thats why I played soft the week we played in FFB.

To be honest this is the best site I have been on. I also thought 03 Dohc and Lightining Larry were involved.

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Nick pretty much summed everything up. I had nothing to do with the startup of this site, in fact I started as a moderator. (though I was here the first day the site started). I eventually become an administrator, then went on to acquire the ownership of the domain and webserver. From that point on I have made many small changes, and a few major ones in an effort to improve the overall quality of the site.

The site does not generate as much money as most think. It is just enough to pay the bills with a little left over to put back for incidentals.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
So i take it that this Entire Site started back in November of 2000.

Well im very happy it did & not sure how it looked before prior to the changes but non of the other sites can compete with this one :thumbsup:

Nick would of never thought u had a hand on this but i sure em happy with it :beer: & glad u made it through the illness :D

TwoToneFreak

MMMM, Spintechs!!
Established Member
:beer: to you Nick. I never knew you had a hand in this awesome site. Glad to hear you have come out ahead of your health battles. I can't even remember how I found out about this site, but it is indeed one of if not the best site on the net. Thanks Steve for keeping it alive. :beer:

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
I ended up here looking for GTS info when I was starting my site. Got lucky enough to end up as a moderator:thumbsup:

The Piper

Direction To Perfection
Established Member
I use to live with the founder of this site. Ive been here since the begining, and its been a bumpy ride through it all, and between everyone. I kinda stayed in the backdrop, but I can honestly say I visit this site everyday, when I owned my SVTs, and when Im stuck with a Jeep.

OLD SKOOL! ALL THE WAY!

:thumbsup:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Ahh JDM was very cool enough to have Further Links on their Web Site & one day i took my time to actually click on them :D

Linked me right into here :beer:

So for that i dont mind spending my money on the parts they sell. :beer:

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Steve asked me to visit the site just to check it out when it was beginning. When I first started visiting this site there weren't very many members. It's amazing to see how much it's grown and changed. Even though it has grown pretty big, it still has the feel of a small website; everyone's cool and it's almost like a big family. :beer:

CraneClan

Injun along at 140
Established Member
I first signed on when it was very new also. It's amazing how this and one other site are just about the only automotive related sites I frequent. If I sit at the computer at all, I visit these sites. This one, in particular, has constantly amazed me at it's growth in depth and maturity. The moderators keep us in line while still giving us some leeway to be silly, nasty, or even just a little dirty, depending on the forum. Terrific bunch here, and I'm proud to keep coming here, night after night.;-)

Users who are viewing this thread