The Real 2015 Mustang

RTD

Established Member
From a competition stand point I don't think they can delay the GT500 that long.

The reason Ford generally doesn't released the "halo" version in the first or second year of a new model has to do with emissions/CAFE/crash certification. They have their hands full with all the certifications required on a new platform as it is. This is also why the recent claims of 6 engines being available is also almost certainly false. Too much at one time.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
The reason Ford generally doesn't released the "halo" version in the first or second year of a new model has to do with emissions/CAFE/crash certification. They have their hands full with all the certifications required on a new platform as it is. This is also why the recent claims of 6 engines being available is also almost certainly false. Too much at one time.
I agree, I can't really see more than two engines at release. Depending on their internal projections, we will be lucky to get the convertible on release. The 2014.5 convertible is probably priority over any additional engine options at this point. Ford has every intention of an Indy Pace Car next year and a convertible pace car would be similar to the original (I didn't Google this but I think the 1964 Indy Pace Car was a Convertible Mustang).

Edit: Googled
Three 1964 1/2 convertibles were built with the sole purpose of pacing the 1964 Indianapolis 500.
In addition, thirty five convertibles were used as dignitary cars during the festivities of the Indy 500.

I would rather see a convertible available day 1. This would mean Ford has completed the R&D to make removing the top safe. Curb weights will reflect the measures taken to stiffen the structure and won't be weaseled in later. This also means the chassis is ready for said upgrades and ready to support 500, 600 and 700hp right off the bat.

Last edited:

Overboost.

Established Member

Agreed. 3-4 engines at most, including the SVT model.

3.7 V6 - base
2.3GTDI - base option
5.0 V8 - GT (no direct injection)
Limited production V8 - SVT (NOT a TT 5.0)

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
Ford,

Please let some people talk, at least about some minor details. This is absolutely uncalled for!!!

Something for the 49th at least!!!!

There is keeping things quiet and then there's "keeping things quiet"... Don't be so harsh with the embargo! Time to let more 3rd party see the finished concept (at least the render man!!!!) At least CONFIRM that there is nothing to confirm...

ARHgURGWIGRA[oihnR A#@ORJQ{\2kqe[o
fM \!!!!!!!!!!

(Typed with my face and the "!!!!!!!!!!!" with the middle finger)

Last edited:

Overboost.

Established Member
Or we can let Ford keep things buzzing with NO effort on their part. The Internet is doing a great job of keeping up the hype of the 2015 car.

I'm sure this summer we'll see plenty of new info appear.

Boomer v3.8

Established Member
Timing is everything.

They've done a great job at keeping things off the radar.

So well that people will post anything and everything just to keep the 'news' flowing.

Last edited:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
Or we can let Ford keep things buzzing with NO effort on their part. The Internet is doing a great job of keeping up the hype of the 2015 car.

I'm sure this summer we'll see plenty of new info appear.
We would like to see a small info trail starting on the 17th. I hate asking people about it especially since they are close friends and they hate turning me away.

I would just ask you everyday but it isn't worth the email. I have been assured that I will drop both projects once I see the finished product...

Good enough for me to drop the '67 and '11? Pretty bold statement...

At this point, I feel like I cannot talk to them about anything until info starts moving. I don't want them to lose their jobs nor be known as the guy that let the pill out of the bottle.

Overboost.

Established Member
We would like to see a small info trail starting on the 17th. I hate asking people about it especially since they are close friends and they hate turning me away.

I would just ask you everyday but it isn't worth the email. I have been assured that I will drop both projects once I see the finished product...

Good enough for me to drop the '67 and '11? Pretty bold statement...

At this point, I feel like I cannot talk to them about anything until info starts moving. I don't want them to lose their jobs nor be known as the guy that let the pill out of the bottle.

You could ask me, but I know nothing...;-)

I was actually surprised there wasn't more at the NY show, but as I said earlier, I can see them riding the buzz without adding much fuel to the fire until later this year when things are close to production. It'll be extremely interesting to see initial reactions to S550. We might see a last ditch effort for the late model S197s, or a complete drop in sales and a wait once things are shown.

cobra-boss

Established Member
Kinda like in 04 when the S197 was released/leaked the sales went in the tank for any 04s. I remember when there were 04 Cobras on the lot with some nice discounts.....they were having a hard time giving them away.

No halo car for the first year or 2 also, again remember back in 05 GTs were getting over sticker for the first 6 months and finding a Gt V8 car was tough. The only V8 cars my local dealer could get were Roush

Jim

cobra-boss

Established Member
Kinda like in 04 when the S197 was released/leaked the sales went in the tank for any 04s. I remember when there were 04 Cobras on the lot with some nice discounts.....they were having a hard time giving them away.

No halo car for the first year or 2 also, again remember back in 05 GTs were getting over sticker for the first 6 months and finding a Gt V8 car was tough. The only V8 cars my local dealer could get were Roush

Jim

Unrealford

Established Member

Jim

That's was the same out near me, I remember a 2004 Screaming Yellow Cobra Convertible, for $27,000 after rebates and my Ford A plan. (37.500 sticker)

Lemers

Established Member
2015-ford-mustang-artists-rendering-photo-514983-s-1280x782.jpg

Car and Driver has a new article on the next mustang.

2015 Ford Mustang: 25 Cars Worth Waiting For 2014–2017 – Future Cars – Car and Driver

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
that doesn't look bad at all, but it has too much of the 'feel' of the 5th gen camaro, FR-S/BRZ, and genesis coupe. there seems to be a "sharp curves" sort of trend in the current generation of sports cars, and, in my opinion, they aren't aging well at all. both the camaro and genesis coupe already look dated, despite the fact that they are on a standard model timeline(I.E., they aren't really long in the tooth), and i don't believe the toyobaru twins will hold up too well either(though their bland, unoffensive designs should help them in this area).

this...
2015-ford-mustang-inline-1-photo-477977-s-original.jpg

...is still my favorite design for the '15, and i think it's a very fresh and upscale(grandiose even?) design that the sports car segment REALLY needs to pull it out of this gaudy, "head turning, yet cheap" trend in design. just like the fusion, bring $100,000 automotive design into the reach of the masses, change automotive design in the more affordable segments, and encourage the designers of $100,000+ cars to push and evolve auto design in the upper segments. the 50th anniverseray of the ford mustang is the absolute perfect car and perfect time to trigger a major change in automotive design. while not revolutionary, it would be a huge step in evolution.
the above design, while very similar, just looks like a cheapened "hot wheels" version of the aforementioned rendering.

Last edited:

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
Completely agree Ry Trapp0. That is my favorite design as well, and it's the only one that looks to have the correct dimensions. The one above that one looks like a cheap short/stubby Chinese knockoff.

evilrazor

Established Member
that picture posted Trapp0 does it for me. Really the most interesting rendering of what the 2015 could be in my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread