The Real 2015 Mustang

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
Look at it this way, Ford has developed multiple 2015 Mustang concepts. Using the SN95 as an example, Ford developed three concepts for the final cut. One concept was codenamed "Bruce Jenner"... It was a soft design and just didn't have the sporty/aggressive look that the Fox body fans wanted. The EVOS was no doubt this generations "Jenner"

1994-1995-1996-1997-1998-ford-mustang-6.jpg

Next, the "Rambo". It looked like this particular concept had a lot of the "New Edge" cues and actually looked like the 4th Gen Firehawk that Pontiac eventually released. In my opinion, Ford's "Rambo" was a lot like my "Mach 5" concept. It pushed styling right up to the line where enthusiast agreed that the concept was too much. These types of concepts are bold and was more of an idea. A look at an evolved Mustang...

Clay
1994-1995-1996-1997-1998-ford-mustang-7.jpg

Sketch: Where Pontiac got the 4th Gen Firebird from....... From Ford...
ford_mustang_rambo_sketch.jpg

Mach 5
428653_353598834671888_1677623818_n.jpg

And of course, the Schwarzenegger. The clay that made it... I mix of both concepts meeting in the middle.

1994-1995-1996-1997-1998-ford-mustang-8.jpg

6712390001_large.jpg

The EVOS was too soft and while it might not be the Mustang, the design was just too good to ditch. My concept, although it received a HUGE positive reception on Facebook with the foreign fans... It was just too much styling progression waaaaaaay too fast. In retrospect, my Mach 5 concept is more 2025 than 2015...

TOO QUIET
Ford-Evos-Concept-Design-Sketch-10-533x299.jpg

TOO LOUD
(Mach 5 pic here)

...JUST RIGHT. While this particular sketch was drawn during the EVOS development, I assure you that this concept caught someones attention.
ford-evos-concept-2011-sketch-5.jpg

Lemers

Established Member
I like your Mach 5 drawing and if Ford made it I would buy it if they don't ask Austin Martin prices. I like aggressive, that's why I'm not waiting for the next civic to come out. I like the Camaro minus the weight, I love all recent lotuses (just not the price).

Mustangs seem to be hit or miss with me. I don't like any of the '93-'04, but I like 60s, early '70s, late 80s to '92s, and '05 - '14 if optioned right.

When buying my next car in a year from now (unless I go to Europe after Turkey) my wife has placed a few limits on the car
1. No soft top (not a big deal, I don't like soft tops anyways)
2. Must have at least 4 seats, a lesson of convenience we learned from my Z (I didn't care until I saw the 2014 corvette)
3. And it must be in our budget (she approved of me wanting to buy a 2013 GT500 so there is a limit)

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
I like your Mach 5 drawing and if Ford made it I would buy it if they don't ask Austin Martin prices. I like aggressive, that's why I'm not waiting for the next civic to come out. I like the Camaro minus the weight, I love all recent lotuses (just not the price).

Mustangs seem to be hit or miss with me. I don't like any of the '93-'04, but I like 60s, early '70s, late 80s to '92s, and '05 - '14 if optioned right.

When buying my next car in a year from now (unless I go to Europe after Turkey) my wife has placed a few limits on the car
1. No soft top (not a big deal, I don't like soft tops anyways)
2. Must have at least 4 seats, a lesson of convenience we learned from my Z (I didn't care until I saw the 2014 corvette)
3. And it must be in our budget (she approved of me wanting to buy a 2013 GT500 so there is a limit)
I had to make a believable concept that was on the utmost aggressive side. I set out to make a Supercar Mustang...plain and simple. Enthusiast had to have an accurate picture of a Super-Stang that would have started to rival the Corvette. The Mach 5 had to be created so the majority could say "NO". The concept was too much on purpose, to let Ford know to not go there......... yet...

It's the 60th Anniversary Mustang, for when V8's truly are rare and more expensive. The base level Ecoboost 1.0 will make 375hp and 210tq and that will be cool in a $32,000 Mach 1.0 ;)

The Mustang always had more grace and class than the other Pony cars. It always appeared to be moving while standing still but above all... it evolved. One day the market may demand a Mustang Supercar that would put a Ford GT to shame.

As more Ford vehicles fill the everyday performance role, the Mustang has no other direction to evolve than up...

...and it begins this generation.

Last edited:

Lemers

Established Member
I had to make a believable concept that was on the utmost aggressive side. I set out to make a Supercar Mustang...plain and simple. Enthusiast had to have an accurate picture of a Super-Stang that would have started to rival the Corvette. The Mach 5 had to be created so the majority could say "NO". The concept was too much on purpose, to let Ford know to not go there......... yet...

It's the 60th Anniversary Mustang, for when V8's truly are rare and more expensive. The base level Ecoboost 1.0 will make 375hp and 210tq and that will be cool in a $32,000 Mach 1.0 ;)

The Mustang always had more grace and class than the other Pony cars. It always appeared to be moving while standing still but above all... it evolved. One day the market may demand a Mustang Supercar that would put a Ford GT to shame.

As more Ford vehicles fill the everyday performance role, the Mustang has no other direction to evolve than up...

Ford can go the way Nissan did with the Skyline GTR and completely separate the top trim mustang (GT500/Cobra) what ever they want to call it from the mustang line.

Make that 1% completely over the top Halo car that doesn't share anything but a heritage with the mass produced mustangs.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member

Isnt your mach 5 concept the new madmax interceptor?

MadCow99

Established Member
I saw a few cool concepts on the mustang source site. They have like 200 pages of sketches and things. Everyone wants to see something solid but the speculation and pics are fun for us artists.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
I found this:
Ford Mad Max Interceptor Concepts Photo Gallery - Autoblog

Ford-Mad_Max_Concept_2011_photo_01.jpg

ford-mad-max-lead.jpg

concepts-Ford-Mad-Max-1.jpg

Did you made those Pill? They look awesome! Im believing that Pill works for Ford. I mean, those are real Ford Australia's Interceptor concepts for the new MadMax movie.

I based the Mach 5 concept on the Road Fury from the new Madd Maxx movie. The concept in truth belongs to Ford Australia... There was nothing really innovative about the Mach 5. It took existing Ford designs and merged them together.

Like I said, I needed a concept that enthusiast could SEE. The concept had to be extreme as well. Creating a concept for the sole purpose of being critiqued with extreme design cues... I wanted to create a styling ceiling for the Mustang, almost pushing the car into another class altogether. The only way for Ford to honestly know that NOW is not the time to move up the market is to put the intended product up on the firing line. Ford did see that there was a good amount of interest in the Mach 5 from the foreign market. Ford highlighted the Mach 5 on their Facebook page in February this year. It received over 4000 likes and 300 shares in about 8 days and a majority of those "likes" looked to be foreigners.

Last edited:

specizripn

Established Member
Would be interesting if they made a coyote with a taller deck, like when they made the 5.4 which is basically a 4.6 with a taller deck. If people are making 5-600 hp with h/c/i in a 5L I cant imagine what could be done with some more displacement. I don't think anything will happen as of boring or stroking with the stock dimensions though. With a stock block it can be bored to 5.2L but it will only hold up to n/a applications and the walls are too thin for forced induction so if Ford every wants to increase the displacement with this block they will have to recast with a taller deck...

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
I don't think anything will happen as of boring or stroking with the stock dimensions though. With a stock block it can be bored to 5.2L but it will only hold up to n/a applications and the walls are too thin for forced induction...

While this says nothing about living up to Ford's OEM durability requirements, there are several Coyote Super Cobra Jets running around with 2.9l Whipples, 3.7" bores and making 1000+ horsepower.

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
I'm OK with taking a break from the retro appearance for awhile but all these renderings are "pretty" euro fancy looking cars. Don't get me wrong I love my daily driver tuned 2013 PP SHO it's sexy and plenty fast but I still want the Mustangs in my driveway to have a much tougher and meaner appearance and sound. My SHO has hung in there right with new 5.0's but I can't even hear my own engine or exhaust revving over their beautiful V8 sound. What ever the new stang looks like I'm positive it will look "nice" but I sure hope a V8 engine will still always be an option!

All that being said around car guys it's always amazing how many people talk to me about my "Taurus" most that want to talk about it are not even Ford guys that have a sudden interest in Fords only because of the appearance of the car. I'm sure Ford knows what is going to be the most profitable for the FoMoCo and that's what they will produce. The rest of us who won't get what we want from the new 2015 can just keep our current beloved favorite Mustang in the garage forever or save your pennies and have the best of both worlds.

Last edited:

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
2015 Mustang 4 door lol

My beauty
1A53DE28-6FCF-42D1-8A1F-B6C229CCFE81-299-000000258FE318D7_zpsa8758e67.jpg

And the beast
DSC00956.jpg

If the next Mustang is a let down I'll still hold out for a mans Mustang like a Whipple 03-04 Terminator or newer GT500.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread