The race that almost happened

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
So at a little meet in the parking lot shooting the breeze, buddy of mine is going over his latest mods. Well low and behold a real good friend of ours pulls in with the new Chevy SS. Now I have never seen one or knew anything about it. Well this thing is packing a 6.2. Pure stock nothing done and it all breaks loose.

He wants to find out how the car runs. Just hit 1200 miles and changed the oil but the 5.0 owner doesn't want to oblige him. He hasn't really played around with the new set up he says. What do you mean you haven't played with it. They go back and forth over dig or roll on. Chevy doesn't care he just wants a race. Well car doesn't look bad. Lot better than the impala to me. Going to be interesting to see how they run. Already punked one guy lol. Need to look up the stats but they're a 4 door so has to have a little weight on them. Time will tell but this weekend they're supposed to line them up

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
SS weighs a biscuit away from 4,000lbs, makes 415/415 which most likely translates to 4200lbs with driver 370rwhp. Probably a mid 13 second ride.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Well supposed to go down this friday. Only thing we can think of that stopped it is pride. There's a guy with a SRT8 Charger that the 5.0 had his way with. Well the SS also beat the same Charger so there's a lot of pride on the line. It's just funny to me that every cheby owner with a 6 liter always claims the vette motor. I don't know much about the SS. Far as we know it's all stock but the 5.0 does have CAI, tune, ORX and tune. Driver seems iffy for some reason but stick and sitting on 20s.

Noone among us know much about the SS but heard it's a low 13 second high 12 car. I think weight favors the 5.0 and so should hp. The came up with a dig with the SS getting the break to even it out. They argued about 2 hours back and forth. SS break first run and then a roll from 35 to 135. If we get a draw the final race will be another 1/4 with the loser getting the decision. If 5.0 loss there will be heads up. If 5.0 wins the SS gets a car and the break. 300 dollar pot between the 2 and winner takes all. No more mods allowed for the stang.

So we stop by the stang house everyday now making good sure he's not doing any changes. Funny because both took out the charger with no problem lol

Kiohtee

Established Member
What kind of high school bullshit is this? What ever happened to racing what you have and just enjoying your own damn car? :nonono:

Sounds like the Mustang should go to someone with more pride and confidence personally.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
If there's money on it I would be checking for a bottle, I don't care how stock it looks. I'd like to run one myself. I don't think it would be a problem, but you never know.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
It went from fun to a hundred dollars to you got the break for 200 and now we're topped out at 300. Both claim it's a decent pot so want a chance if something goes wrong. Mustang is a stick so he could miss a gear. Wants to have a chance if he messes up. We tried best two out of three but the roll race gets them out of the area for a while.

Both are nervous since for some reason their pride seems to be on the line. Only thing we know about the bailout car is that he beat the same car the 5.0 did. We want to see it sooner but they both waiting until payday.

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
It went from fun to a hundred dollars to you got the break for 200 and now we're topped out at 300. Both claim it's a decent pot so want a chance if something goes wrong. Mustang is a stick so he could miss a gear. Wants to have a chance if he messes up. We tried best two out of three but the roll race gets them out of the area for a while.

Both are nervous since for some reason their pride seems to be on the line. Only thing we know about the bailout car is that he beat the same car the 5.0 did. We want to see it sooner but they both waiting until payday.
If they are worried about their pride tell them not to be worried because they are both slow.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
AND..........this is why I just do fun runs. No harm done besides a loss or a victory. You live another day to race.

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
Soooooo....How is this in Roadkill if nothing has happened yet?

What are we doing?.....Racing with words? LOL

cause this is where we put "what if" and "it's gona happen" stories....

can we get a "bench / web racing" section?

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
How bout if you post up a "it's going to happen" and it then doesn't happen and\or you don't follow up in your thread - you get a 30 day vacation.

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
There he is. Cobrooooooo commander.

pipe down "Mr. i would rather have 5.0 w/boss IM than a CTSV"

edit:

cobra_commander2_zps32d21188.jpg

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Takes a lot more skill racing with a stick. One little hiccup/missed shift and the win goes to auto. I loved racing my old 91 mustang with a c4 against guys with manuals, haha.

dead man walkin

Established Member
I have already run my first SS .. not impressed. And yes the owner mentioned to me.. vette motor... gave him the hit, and he still lost. It's the mustangs win, Provided he can shift

OneSlowV

Established Member
Idk the new SS is a good race for the 6.1 hemi sedans witch is sad. That car came out in 2006 and GM makes a 2014 Sedan with less hp and a bigger price tag lol

sav03cobra

Established Member
cause this is where we put "what if" and "it's gona happen" stories....

can we get a "bench / web racing" section?

Ohhh I thought so to.....

Lets start it off right. So I might go race later today, its probably going to be against a Camaro.....I'll let you guys know though. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread