The pussification of the military is starting

AfricanSnowOwl

Established Member
Here's the link... http://www.airforcetimes.com/story/...airmen-despite-gender-neutral-moves/78686252/

Cliff notes.
The secretary of the navy is trying to drop the word "man" out of many of the various titles they use. Words like seaman, fireman, and corpsman. They feel the military needs to be more gender neutral. This of corse got the Air Force discussing if they should drop terms like airman, and pararescuemen. And even skill titles like journeyman and craftsman.

This was overruled for now, but the fact that the senior leadership is worrying about shit like this is ridiculous.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
It really is ridiculous and the PC crap is across the board. Read an article the other day about "them" trying to get "In God we trust" off our currency. We have so many more pressing issues facing us as a nation and the issues that supposedly keep people up at night are laughable and just plain stupid.

MysticRob

Established Member
It would be much easier if everyone simply rationalized the 'man' part of the word as short-hand for 'human' instead of actual 'man'. Then it would mentally fit both men and women.

As for the 'God' part, I never understood the use of the word in Govt to begin with. Goes against the entire idea of the division between church and state. "In Morals we Trust" or "In Principles..." I can get behind. Something that denotes God-like ideals that manages to leave religion out of it. Same goes for using a bible during swearing in ceremonies. Plenty of murderers, rapists, and crooked ass evangelists carry it and read it too. Doesn't mean much to me. Show me the actions that prove your morality, your principles, your ideals. Putting your hand on a book means dick to me.

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
It would be much easier if everyone simply rationalized the 'man' part of the word as short-hand for 'human' instead of actual 'man'. Then it would mentally fit both men and women.

+1

You would have to be really stupid or trying hard to push an agenda to think the suffix "man" actually means a male human.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member

The term woman and human need to change as well.

Needs to become wopeople and hupeople.

End inequity today!

jbs$

Established Member
Just more dem-o-rat and Obama crap designed to weaken the basic fabric of our Military.

stvdman

Established Member
Just wait for TRANS-GENDER... Was at a brief yesterday, Secretary of the Armed Forces is doing all he can to ramp the integration of transgender people into the military. Just trying to tie up a lot of unforeseen loose ends. Medical manuals, Accession policies (recruiting), berthing, etc etc. Also trying to figure out how to cope with those that are already serving who want to "switch" genders.

Ill be retiring in 2017 and this will still be ongoing in my estimation.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
It started years ago.

While I was in(2006-2011, so not exactly "old-school") I was reprimanded more than a time or two for trying to correct some of my shitbird Marines. Big surprise one of them wound up in the brig and dishonorably discharged, and the others shit bagged themselves out of the Corps. Nobody gives a damn about the mission, good order, or discipline any more.

The "man" part of titles always came from being the human species I thought?

MysticRob

Established Member
Just wait for TRANS-GENDER... Was at a brief yesterday, Secretary of the Armed Forces is doing all he can to ramp the integration of transgender people into the military. Just trying to tie up a lot of unforeseen loose ends. Medical manuals, Accession policies (recruiting), berthing, etc etc. Also trying to figure out how to cope with those that are already serving who want to "switch" genders.

Ill be retiring in 2017 and this will still be ongoing in my estimation.

LOL, I can't imagine there being too many of 'em in the first place, let alone any wanting to join the military. But hey, why not? If anything, I'd see them joining the Navy though. This coming from an ex-squid.

stvdman

Established Member
LOL, I can't imagine there being too many of 'em in the first place, let alone any wanting to join the military. But hey, why not? If anything, I'd see them joining the Navy though. This coming from an ex-squid.

Recruiting Command indicated there were "quite a few inquiries". I am all for everyone getting the chance to "serve their country" as long as it is not at the detriment to those that serve. It will most likely happen, and while it may hit some bumps along the way, the US Military should be able to handle it.

Well you can thank Clinton who passed this off to GWB who ultimately laid it at the feet of Obama.

I wish people would just wake up already and see which POTUS have been instrumental in advancing this PC intimidation, that is going to be interwoven in every section or fabric of American society.

This is not going away. This will get progressively worse.

I mean just look at how the US government has given 22k combat vets, a less than honorable discharge, to avoid paying them proper benefits.

There is a coordinated effort in place to destroy the US military and to discourage legitimate US national types, from enlisting.

Its out in the open.

Gravik

Established Member
Not a surprise. PC liberals trying to ruin everything now that it is 2016 and everyone is offended by everything.

VaporGT

-
Established Member
I think this is more attributed to politicians with zero military experience trying to reform the military.

They're like a bunch of ******* virgins writing laws about sex.

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
It really is ridiculous and the PC crap is across the board. Read an article the other day about "them" trying to get "In God we trust" off our currency. We have so many more pressing issues facing us as a nation and the issues that supposedly keep people up at night are laughable and just plain stupid.

God has no place in government anyway.

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
Are there any active military members to weigh in here? A bunch of keyboard jockeys carry little weight versus those folks that are in it every day. I'm not sure those folks would say "the military is full of pussies."

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not sure those folks would say "the military is full of pussies."

That's not what the OP was saying. He's accusing elected officials and special interest groups of imposing their political agendas on to the military. Thus forcing them to change their traditions and ways of operations.

This has been going on since the 1970's.

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
That's not what the OP was saying. He's accusing elected officials and special interest groups of imposing their political agendas on to the military. Thus forcing them to change their traditions and ways of operations.

This has been going on since the 1970's.

Evolution of tradition is not necessary a bad thing. There used to not be any blacks in the military. And let's be honest here -- I don't see enlistments rising. All I hear from people on this forum are about "boots" and "idiot" enlisted men who can't even tuck in their shirt. Ever since I was in high school, the Army was clambering for young men and women to enlist. There may be talented or tough people that are being excluded by the current recruitment tactic.

Military has to evolve just like any private industry to attract the smartest and toughest talent.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Evolution of tradition is not necessary a bad thing. There used to not be any blacks in the military. And let's be honest here -- I don't see enlistments rising. All I hear from people on this forum are about "boots" and "idiot" enlisted men who can't even tuck in their shirt. Ever since I was in high school, the Army was clambering for young men and women to enlist. There may be talented or tough people that are being excluded by the current recruitment tactic.

Military has to evolve just like any private industry to attract the smartest and toughest talent.

How is dropping the word man from titles supposed to help in that regard? Its not. Its just more PC bullshit that Sec Nav Mabus is trying to push. He is probably the worst military leader I have ever heard of. I would bet money that right now he is trying to get the physical standards at BUD/S lowered and the course changed dramatically in order to guarantee women graduates. He is the worst kind of military leader; adhering to his own personal agenda at the detriment to national security and military readiness.

Users who are viewing this thread