The Next Big Thing?

Cobra'03

Established Member
Noticed that the threads are getting lighter, almost to the point of a Bridal Shower? Gas cap hooks, hood dropping, wax removal from trim, the towel debate (still laughing over that one), polishing etc. It always seem that way with a new model:
1) First, the speculation and rumors
2) Then the car is announced
3) The ordering commences and everyone whines about the wait
4) The cars arrive
5) First person with a major problem gets everyone riled up
6) Exactly 30 secs after the car arrives home, the Modding Begins
7) Modding reaches a frenzy in the 6-8 week period, as products start to hit the aftermarket and the first brave ones pave the way for the lurkers, cowards, warranty queens, etc.
8) Appearance mods ramp up
9) People start to run out of things to say, but keep posting anyway, so you start to see:
"Washed my car today and I have questions..."
"Who will be the first to tun 10's?"
"Is their a K&N for the Cobra?
"What is K&N's website link?"
"Where can I buy a K&N?"
"K&N - best price"?
"K&N's suck - oil on MAF?"
"My uncle has a K&N and...."

Oh, i forgot - the great Kills kind of stay there from day to day, month to month.

So what is the NEXT Big Thing do you reckon? NOS? Turbo? Intake/head work?

Just as long as it is not another oil additive miracle - I am getting weary of that nonsense.

?????????????

lethal

Established Member
Probably the next thing will be someone posting a question about what the next big thing will be. That's my guess :p

SVTVenom

HOOK'EM HORNS!
Established Member
I'll say the next big thing will be the new intakes/throttle bodies that are currently being designed by SFPHQ, BABOLT, and PHP. With all the mods that are out now, the intake tract to the blower itself has become a restriction and needs to be modified to flow better.

BoneCrusher

Established Member
Nicely interpreted, thanks for the laugh as I peruse the "light" info while at work waiting to jump in my metallic silver coupe and fly home.

So, What's a K&N???? LOL!!!!!!!!

BoneCrusher

Established Member
Thanks i8u, I was just kidding around though.

Although when I get around to changing it out that part number will actully be helpful.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by BoneCrusher
Although when I get around to changing it out that part number will actully be helpful.
I swapped the one that was in my '98 Cobra into the '03 the day after I drove it 200 miles home from the dealership (along with yanking the silencer). You will not believe the difference in sound and SOTP... Don't wait, it's the best $40 you will spend on this car :-D

BoneCrusher

Established Member
Thanks Blue03,

I've heard the same thing from everyone who has used the K&N, I've had the car for two weeks now and should've had the new filter in there 13 days ago. Thanks for the reminder, you are right.
:beer: :thumbsup:

Steve Snake Driver

Established Member
Intake mods are on the rise...Pauls Automotive and hopefully soon BA gets out of the prototype mode.

Weight reduction is another area barely touched with possibility of large returns...anyone running a tubular K-member yet?

Appearance mods as someone has mentioned...wheels for one.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Originally posted by i8u

Air filter...You need 0945 for a bolt-in replacement.... :beer:

Friends don't let friends use an E-0945 when an RE-0870 is so much better.
Stop the replacement filter madness, oh the humanity.

Perhaps driving enjoyment is the next big thing.

Either that or a major gas pedal recall!!:fm:

fd5b7d9f.jpg

A's Cobra

Established Member
i think there's lots of prototype stuff out there with silencer's till after bowling green... i'll be glad when the sunset's on sunday

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge

But, I need an adapter to put RE-0870 onto my mass air. And then I need to figure out your plans and create an air box for RE-0870 to live in. That just might finish me off since I can't even install a Tri-Ax without dropping one of the boot bolts down somewhere that I can't ever retrieve it from. the boot is now held in by three bolts for the time being (next five years). RE-0870 does call to me but there are the above restraints to consider.

The adapter costs $7.

SEVEN DOLLARS, call PRO-M

Also the RE-0870 cost $40 and comes with the strap clamp you need to affix it. The E-0945 is $49, least mine is. Hey, you want to buy it?

FastCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by darkhorse

Oh yeah?
Wait until Scott Steiner gets back!!!:bash: :bash:

Brock is the Man(Boy)! I hate the way they stopped the match on P.P.V Sunday night! B/S, let them Wrestle (entertain us) and give us a winner, F-5 baby--1,2,3!

Steiner is no small dude either!

Users who are viewing this thread