• Keep her

Votes: 21 84.0%
  • Sell her

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters

FATPAUL

To The Bat-Mobile!
Established Member
Well guys ive been playing with the cobra i got and took some ok pics of the car. Its a rio red 97 cobra with black interior. Tossing around the idea of moving sooner or later so i might well you know. Opinions plz. The paint is Cherry.

1-2.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

MYSLO4-6

SVT97
Established Member
The car is sweet. I can't wait to make mine look like yours!:bowdown:

What springs are you using?? That car sits just perfect!

Don't sell it!!!!!:nonono:

FATPAUL

To The Bat-Mobile!
Established Member
^Thanks man. It has come a long way in two weeks.

It is riding on c springs with no iso's. It looks bad ass but commuting around austin roads can take a toll lol. Fun car with no problems just throwing it out there.

MYSLO4-6

SVT97
Established Member
^Thanks man. It has come a long way in two weeks.

It is riding on c springs with no iso's. It looks bad ass but commuting around austin roads can take a toll lol. Fun car with no problems just throwing it out there.

How is the ride quality over stock? I've heard "C" are very stiff and ride rough. Still stock shocks? I'm in the process of trying to figure out what springs to get. I thought I had a deal with some Sportlines but it never happened.

I love those 03/04 Cobra wheels. They look to be the satin finish?

FATPAUL

To The Bat-Mobile!
Established Member
How is the ride quality over stock? I've heard "C" are very stiff and ride rough. Still stock shocks? I'm in the process of trying to figure out what springs to get. I thought I had a deal with some Sportlines but it never happened.

I love those 03/04 Cobra wheels. They look to be the satin finish?

Over stock these springs are very noticeable considering its very stiff and "can" be rough depending on the road lol. Example-like running over a decieving pot hole can shake the whole car and cause a quake. Compared to my past two cobras(which were fully done up with suspension)"c" springs are not my fav. but do slam the car which is a plus. I've never had sportlines before but I can imagine it might be a bit more forgiving.

Yeah they are in the satin finish with 275/40?17's all the way around. Look familiar?

MYSLO4-6

SVT97
Established Member
Over stock these springs are very noticeable considering its very stiff and "can" be rough depending on the road lol. Example-like running over a decieving pot hole can shake the whole car and cause a quake. Compared to my past two cobras(which were fully done up with suspension)"c" springs are not my fav. but do slam the car which is a plus. I've never had sportlines before but I can imagine it might be a bit more forgiving.

Yeah they are in the satin finish with 275/40?17's all the way around. Look familiar?

I was thinking of running the 10th Anniv. wheels or 03/04 Cobra wheel. The satin wheels look great on your car.

What are the other "2" spring brands that you used before?? Likes and dislikes?

Thanks for your help!! :thumbsup:

wcjr

Established Member
how many of these car do you have (and they all have the same wheels and saleen wing)?

A dark green one, BAB, and now this red one?

FATPAUL

To The Bat-Mobile!
Established Member
Good looking car any details on the car miles, mods, plans? S/C?

Thanks man same with yours. I need a better camera those pics don't do justice!

The car itself is sitting at 108K and runs like new. I didn't want to get another s/c car because of the pain of daily commuting 450hp with no a/c. Boo-hoo I know, suck it up right? Me no I moved on and plus mpg doesn't suck either(puts some more dough in my pocket for raman =-).

The car has:

Drivetrain
JLT CAI(black)
MGW short throw
FRPP 4.10's
FRPP king cobra

Exhaust
Bassani offroad x
Magnaflow catback

Suspension
FMS C springs
BBK UCA's and LCA's
Drilled and slotted all the way around

Interior
Kept my black leather seats out of the bab(I know heart wrenching but they are mint and mine)
Entire mach 460 removed and replaced with(Bad ass):
Alpine IVA-D310 head unit
Arc audio componets(4)
Alpine MRP-F240
Alpine MRD-M605
Alpine 10" R built into back seat to specs(knocks)
Custom rear seat delete with amp rack
Autometer oil pressure and a/f on a pillar
Polished one off bullet shifter bezel
Shift light

Appearance
Had them on all my cobras, 03-04 svt cobra satin finished wheels with bfg gforce 275/40/17's all the way around(also from the bab lol)
Blue oval industries smoked fog's
Kaenan S-281(I painted)
Legal max tint
Custom billet spark plug wires
SS inserts black mirroed titanium inserts(the bad ass ones)

Future:
I want to paint the mirrors this week along with the door inserts. Prolly change the exhaust and build around the motor to keep it healthy and that's it. Like I said I've done fast cars before this is my first n/a. And sell it......

Last edited:

FATPAUL

To The Bat-Mobile!
Established Member
I was thinking of running the 10th Anniv. wheels or 03/04 Cobra wheel. The satin wheels look great on your car.

What are the other "2" spring brands that you used before?? Likes and dislikes?

Thanks for your help!! :thumbsup:

Yeah man I think the 03-04 wheels look really clean on any sn95(green, bab, rio red lol).

As far as suspension go's I mean it all depends on what path your taking your car towards. Need some more info.

FATPAUL

To The Bat-Mobile!
Established Member
^This is my 3rd cobra in 2 years. Pm me if you want all details lol I could go on forever.

Last edited:

MYSLO4-6

SVT97
Established Member
Yeah man I think the 03-04 wheels look really clean on any sn95(green, bab, rio red lol).

As far as suspension go's I mean it all depends on what path your taking your car towards. On our car's weight can be transfered quite easily so keep that in mind. Need some more info.

I want the car to look lowered but still maintain a good ride quality. I'm not going hardcore Road Racing or Drag racing. Just want a nice weekend warrior that looks kick ass.

Last edited:

FATPAUL

To The Bat-Mobile!
Established Member
^I don't mind the current suspension right now but I may go with BBK springs to maybe give it some more rebound and possibly MM c/c's. There are plenty of suspension guru's here chime in.

FATPAUL

To The Bat-Mobile!
Established Member
did you trade straight up for that car or what?

Lol no no I'm not that crazy. I kept my seats, wheels and tires, headlights and some change(not going to specify the amount :).

Yes this is tims old car, revamped a little.

Can't wait to paint the mirrors manana.

kwikie

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
Lol no no I'm not that crazy. I kept my seats, wheels and tires, headlights and some change(not going to specify the amount :).

Yes this is tims old car, revamped a little.

Can't wait to paint the mirrors manana.

Man I wish I had seen your trade plus cash thread when it first came out I would have been all in lol. Good lookin car:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread