The new z06 is food for thought....

MikeDoom

Dedicated Gamer
Established Member
I hate to say it, but I am strongly thinking of abandoning the blue oval after checking out the new issue of motor trend. I've been keeping the mileage low on my cobra for the advent of the shelby, but after seeing some of the info on the new z06, I JUST DON'T KNOW. Motor Trend usually gets shit numbers anyway, and they hit 0-60 in 3.5 and the 1/4 in 11.5@127 mph in the new z06. I was led to believe that the new z-6 would be in the 80k or up range to xcompete with the viper. Turns out msrp is 65,800 and performance ranges from better to similar. Maybe I should just pulley the cobra and buy a used evo 8 for winter duty and have the best of all worlds. What do you guys think?

MikeDoom

Dedicated Gamer
Established Member
McFly said:
How much money do you have to spend?

Currently? Jack shiznit. I have to wait about 2 years for my cobra to be paid off, then I would look for a used c6 z06 and trade my cobra, making the financed amount within reason. I'm trying to work my way up the car food chain that way. Originally I was considering trading the cobra for a pre-2000 viper once it was paid off ( or staying with the idea of keeping the cobra and also getting a used EVO or STi). I guess the title of the thread was alittle more dire than it should have been. I won't be abandoning the blue oval anytime soon, but in the next few years...perhaps. I'm just shocked that the new z06 is 65k instead of the predicted 80 or so k, with no performance tradeoffs. Chevy SHOULD sell a boatload of 'em.

BrokeUoff

Banned
Chevy really stepped it up with this one....427, carbon fiber fenders, even better brakes, decent interior, great look....most of the mags I've seen peg it at 0-60 in 3.6-3.7, and 1/4 high 11's at 126

probably should add on another 8k for a decently optioned one.....but if the viper coupe doesn't have 550+ hp, they're going to suffer the same fate of the srt-10's, which currently have a backlog of cars waiting to be sold.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
stangd1909 said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^ Awesome avtar!!!
+1 :rockon:

If the new Zo6's drop resale value like the C5 ZO6's I may be in the market for one too in a year or so. I LOVE the car period. Its way too bad ass to turn up the chance to own one.

Users who are viewing this thread