The new GTO... Outstanding?

Terminator03

banned
Outstanding job on looking absolutly ridiculous. I gotta tell ya guys... I saw one today for the first time in person. I've gazed longer at fat chicks. Now I completely understand our cars get alot of downplay on the looks end. I really don't care and maybe I'm just biased. Im so in love I think we have the best looking car on the planet. However, non-american-musclers and some sophisticates frown down on the 03's outside appearance and cry when they see the interior. Well, those same people along with me will look at the GTO like the plague. The old muscle car retro fitted in a polished grand prix. Just plain nasty. But hey, one mans trash is another mans treasure, right?

Coyote 5.0

Member BED Racing
Established Member
I don't think the G/P looks that bad. Since I worked as a line tech for Pontiac in the late 60's early 70's seeing the GTO name on that (as Brock Yates wrote) Phone company fleet car! Really hurts

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
I like the way the GTO looks, evethough you could say it's performance is under par when cimpared to a Cobra, but it's a different GTO. It's more of a luxury/sport car that isn't that hard core, and I think their interior is amazing for the price.

Cobra-Master

Established Member
Originally posted by Terminator03
Outstanding job on looking absolutly ridiculous. I gotta tell ya guys... I saw one today for the first time in person. I've gazed longer at fat chicks. Now I completely understand our cars get alot of downplay on the looks end. I really don't care and maybe I'm just biased. Im so in love I think we have the best looking car on the planet. However, non-american-musclers and some sophisticates frown down on the 03's outside appearance and cry when they see the interior. Well, those same people along with me will look at the GTO like the plague. The old muscle car retro fitted in a polished grand prix. Just plain nasty. But hey, one mans trash is another mans treasure, right?

I agree 100%

Matt M PA

Established Member
The GTO is big time bland...sort of a two door Catera. Hey wait...isn't that a Catera underneath? If memory serves me, it is based on the Catera.

Saddest part of this whole GTO thing is that quality will be a big issue. I read somewhere that the Holden plant is among the worst for quality.

soniccobra 03

SONIC SLO POKE
Established Member
I think if they would have called it something else.It would have been accepted better. Using the gto badge is just not right for this car.............

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
I do admit that the performance and the looks aren't good, but you can't say that the inside isn't cool!

Tin Knocker

Established Member
To have one of the most popular names in the muscle car era come back is hard to do. But to be so far off base, with power and looks, I don't understand. :??: Dropping a high hp motor in a small family car worked in '64 but not in '04.

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
Originally posted by Tin Knocker
To have one of the most popular names in the muscle car era come back is hard to do. But to be so far off base, with power and looks, I don't understand. :??: Dropping a high hp motor in a small family car worked in '64 but not in '04.

What about the BMW M5, AMG series of Mercedes?

98CobraGirl

Established Member
Originally posted by soniccobra 03
I think if they would have called it something else.It would have been accepted better. Using the gto badge is just not right for this car.............

I think youre exactly right. What you think when you think GTO is NOT 'Grand Prix'--its really too bad--coulda been cool:nonono:

soniccobra 03

SONIC SLO POKE
Established Member
People seem to like the interior on the GOAT, a bit early to tell how the rest of the car shakes out. Maybe it will grow on people like a mole............enjoy.

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
whoa whoa whoa, the 03's are not ugly exterior or interior. i think the outside is awesome with that hood and spoiler etc. the only reason people bash the interior on mustangs is because it hasn't changed since '94. other than that, they're beautiful cars.
:D

Users who are viewing this thread