The Mustang Market

SVTcobra2

Established Member
I know it has already started, but i was thinking if gas prices do hit $5-6 a gallon it will completely abolish the market for V8 mustangs i think. Im wondering what the hell is gonna happen when noone can sell their cars. Is everyone just going to keep their mustangs forever? It seems like they wont really sell now and it can only get worse as gas prices go up.

I was thinking of selling my mustang and getting a bike to commute on and maybe get a beater, but now i dont think i could sell it without taking a huge hit. That makes it almost not even worth it. If i sell the car now for $5000 less than i bought it for 6 months ago it would be stupid.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
That's why you buy things that you can afford to pay for.

SVTcobra2

Established Member
i can keep the car and this was not meant to say i cant pay for the car.the car is paid off. im saying when the time comes around when anyone wants to sell their car they may not be able to. if gas prices go high enough i believe almost noone will want a mustang and therefore they will be almost impossible to sell.

Mayo5

Established Member
Yeah; I've been thinking of selling the 65 Coupe. Been going back and forth over it in my head; but not because of gas prices or anything like that, just time to free up some money for investments and other things.

Mayo5

Established Member
gas is hurting other cars much more than mustangs.

Yeah; I sold my 01 GT with 56,xxx miles on it within one week for a deal that was both good for the buyer and myself.

I think it is only hurting the people with the SUV's; who are panicking.

SVTcobra2

Established Member
im wondering if i should just put my car up for sale now. i can deal with it now, but if it hits $5-6 a gallon its gonna hurt being a college student. i was thinking of how i may be stuck in a really bad position if it does indeed go above $5 a gallon.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
im wondering if i should just put my car up for sale now. i can deal with it now, but if it hits $5-6 a gallon its gonna hurt being a college student. i was thinking of how i may be stuck in a really bad position if it does indeed go above $5 a gallon.
Dude, just drive 100 miles less a month, or will the 50 bucks a month really kill you? If it will man, you shouldn't have bought the car. I'm needing to sell my Cobras, but it's not because I can't afford the gas, hell I hardly drive either of them, it's because what I just said, I hardly drive either of them...

I don't see the market going down. People who can afford the cars and will collect them or whatever dont care about driving em anyway. This mainly applies to more rare cars than a new GT or so.

Mport_KLR

just a gt;)
Established Member

jf4boogie

Established Member
I know you said it was an 07' that you bought 6 months ago....but did you buy it new?

If so, you're gonna take at least a $5k hit anyway

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
The market seems to be a bit slow....if you look in the terminator section of the market there are a lot of sick cars for nice prices that are just being sat on.

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
Who buys a mustang with resale value in mind? :shrug:

The same people who wonder about mileage.
The tool who bought my Mach brought up mileage at least 4 times. I told him every time that if he's worried about mileage he's buying the wrong car.
:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread