Project 321 KR coil covers

McLeod RXT clutch/flywheel
DSS 1 piece driveshaft
Steeda Billet LCA's
BMR adjustable upper/mount
BMR adjustable panhard bar

SOS gauge pillar
Dual Interceptor gauges

I'm sure i am forgetting some stuff. Should have dyno numbers very soon and I'll take some updated pictures (sorry for some of the junk phone pics).

102_4641.jpg

102_4636.jpg

102_4733.jpg

102_4724.jpg

102_4730.jpg

102_4731.jpg

photo2.jpg

13.jpg

9.jpg

kr2-2.jpg

q.jpg

MRL Performance

Established Member
why not the KB 3.6L?

because it had to fit under the KR hood which is not the same underside as a super snake hood. We actually debated putting on a replica hood and going with the 3.6LC, but this 2.8H will make plenty of power for what the owner wants out of the car.

Hoping to get a quality video of the dyno session, and a professional type photo shoot of the car.

MRL Performance

Established Member
Very nice! Can't wait to see the results!!

-Rick

Thanks Rick. Although we have never spoken, big thanks goes out to you, Dave, and the rest of the crew down there.

Awesome! Love the tank too!

This is the first one I have used, and I was very happy with the quality. You build a nice piece. The only problem I had was after I had my guys powder coat it. They Coated the ring for the cell cap and then I couldn't get the cap to fit lol. Had to strip it again and paint it, hence why it is missing in the pics.

What kind of a price tag would be attached to a build like this??
It sounds pretty incredible.
Can't wait to see the dyno numbers.

LOL, lots. About the price of another base GT500 for simple numbers. Hoping to have some dyno numbers soon. The owner has been stuck working for quite a while and has insisted that he not miss the dyno session. It will be baby boost and pump gas but should still rock pretty good.

jazz05

Established Member
Hey Mike , nice to see you on here !! My brother was very impressed the other day , said it was good to talk to you , I expect you'll be seeing his car this winter for some upgrades , and ya someday I'll make it up there too , been building the wife a new patio , looks like my stuff is on the backburner for a while yet lol !
Jeff

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Jesus if I spent that kinda money and put a built GT block in the car there would be no doubt it would get a bigger blower like the 3.6LC... Who cares about the hood.

MRL Performance

Established Member
Jesus if I spent that kinda money and put a built GT block in the car there would be no doubt it would get a bigger blower like the 3.6LC... Who cares about the hood.

The fact that it is an irreplacable carbon fiber hood valued at something stupid like $14,000 made him think about it a bit. That is one of the main KR features and he decided to keep it. I would imagine this thing will still make mid to high 700's on pump and it is a few hundred pounds lighter than a typical GT500 so I'm sure he'll be fine with that for a street car.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
hell of a build, nice car! tell the owner he should just go with a set of twins - all the power he could ever want, no hood issues!

90goldtsiawd

Established Member
The fact that it is an irreplacable carbon fiber hood valued at something stupid like $14,000 made him think about it a bit. That is one of the main KR features and he decided to keep it. I would imagine this thing will still make mid to high 700's on pump and it is a few hundred pounds lighter than a typical GT500 so I'm sure he'll be fine with that for a street car.

If he was just looking for that kind of power then why build the motor with the GT block? Don't guys normally make that kind of power on stock bottom end? A simple piston/rod upgrade would've been much cheaper wouldn't it and could easily handle that kind of power? I agree on the turbo route if he was so worried about keeping that hood. The lowering spacers people use wouldn't lower it enough to clear that hood? I thought people on here have done it with the stock GT500 hood?

Last edited:

MRL Performance

Established Member
He was not just after power lol. Making horsepower is the easy part.

Is it overkill? sure it is. Is that what you wanted to hear? LOL, why did he do it this way, maybe because he can??? You or me may have done it different to our own cars, but.....

The KR hood is a messed up piece. It has some really funky bracing on the underside that limits clearance in different spots than even a stock hood. In order to fit the 3.6, it would have needed more drop than just a mount can provide. A full K-Member drop may have done it, but meh.....

You think we didn't go over all this stuff lol, this isn't something we just "threw" togeather. We went through the different engine options, different blowers, and yes, even a set of twins. If the car was not a KR, the direction most likely would have been completely different. However, it is a $90,000 (we live in Canada don't forget) limited edition "KR" that alot of people are not so much as changing the tires on, let alone a full out build like this. Plus, it's his to do with what he wants. All I do is make it happen.

Anyway

90goldtsiawd

Established Member
He was not just after power lol. Making horsepower is the easy part.

Is it overkill? sure it is. Is that what you wanted to hear? LOL, why did he do it this way, maybe because he can??? You or me may have done it different to our own cars, but.....

The KR hood is a messed up piece. It has some really funky bracing on the underside that limits clearance in different spots than even a stock hood. In order to fit the 3.6, it would have needed more drop than just a mount can provide. A full K-Member drop may have done it, but meh.....

You think we didn't go over all this stuff lol, this isn't something we just "threw" togeather. We went through the different engine options, different blowers, and yes, even a set of twins. If the car was not a KR, the direction most likely would have been completely different. However, it is a $90,000 (we live in Canada don't forget) limited edition "KR" that alot of people are not so much as changing the tires on, let alone a full out build like this. Plus, it's his to do with what he wants. All I do is make it happen.

Anyway

Wasn't saying it was wrong or right, just wondered why it was being built this way. Thanks for explaining it.

Users who are viewing this thread