the mod bug goes transatlantic!!

BRIT-LIGHTNING

Established Member
Hello mates
I spoke to Mark at LFP today and put a list together of mods I'm going to order I thought I'd put the list here to see if any of you think I may have missed something ,the list so far is
upper idler kit
4lb lower
160 stat
tr6 plugs
xcal
lfp cai
bassani cat-back
lfp stage 1 valve body
deep trans pan
lfp oil seperator
my truck is a "99" with 62000 on the engine a vin check showed regular servicing and all recalls done my main consideration is avoiding any engine damage due to my location also I will have no access to a dyno the xcal tune will be done to my mods, fuel type, local temp etc
also before fitting the mods I intend doing a major service oil,filter,fuel filter,intercooler clean,rear diff oil,all fluids can anyone think of anything else I need to do/replace on my service?
I value and respect the knowledge on this forum and would really apprieciate your opinions
mark @ LFP was super helpfull even though I rang him during his lunch! top bloke
Stay Lucky
Brit Lightning.

BRIT-LIGHTNING

Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
Good list. Mark is the man. He'll take care of you. :thumbsup:
thanks for that Larry ,Mark comes across as a good bloke it was through research on this forum that I contacted him he spent a good half an hour talking to me ,I'm going to log off now as its 01.10 here and I've got work tomorrow (got to earn my mod money!)
if anyone else has any comments on my choices/servicing post them up and I'll check in after work ,thanks
Stay Lucky
Brit Lightning.

Flossing888

Established Member
Hi Brit-lightning,

Is your L a right hand drive conversion? It would be nice to see a picture of it if it is. I have a right hand drive 67 Mazda Cosmo and it is a blast to drive on the wrong side.

BRIT-LIGHTNING

Established Member
Breakin10s said:
I would change the 80mm to the 90mm.
Thanks lads I'll mention that to Mark I'm due to call him soon to finalise my list
thanks also to Tazman1 (sorry I cant work out how to do two quotes in one reply) :beer:

BRIT-LIGHTNING

Established Member
VitaA1 said:
Hi Brit-lightning,

Is your L a right hand drive conversion? It would be nice to see a picture of it if it is. I have a right hand drive 67 Mazda Cosmo and it is a blast to drive on the wrong side.
Hello mate
mines still left hand drive I dont find it a problem in fact its kind of funny seeing my missus's face when were out in the L as she's facing the oncoming traffic and some of the roads here can be very narrow :lol1:
if anyone has any further input about my mod list I have a couple of hours left before I call Mark@LFP thanks
Stay Lucky
Brit Lightning.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
BRIT-LIGHTNING said:
thanks for that Larry ,Mark comes across as a good bloke ..............he spent a good half an hour talking to me.

No wonder he's so hard to get ahold of..... :lol1:

TruBluLightning

Sellout
Established Member
Looks like you got a good start. Have you looked into getting an air intake at all? Your truck is going to take in alot more air so I would definately look into some kind of high flow intake.

BRIT-LIGHTNING

Established Member
TruBluLightning said:
Looks like you got a good start. Have you looked into getting an air intake at all? Your truck is going to take in alot more air so I would definately look into some kind of high flow intake.
I am having a LFP cold air kit (12" cone filter to fender intake tube) is that what you mean? or is it something further back on the intake side I need as well? you'll have to bear with me as I'm still learning about all of this :beer:

TruBluLightning

Sellout
Established Member
Yeah that is what I was referrring to. That should work well with parts you have ordered. Good luck and enjoy the extra power! :beer:

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
You made a good choice in going with Mark@LFP he has some bad ass prices on products and has some top notch customer service.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
only thing i would also suggest is that you tell him to put the tunes in your Xcal2 in the xtr format that way there you can make minor adjustments as soon as you get it and not have to have him e-mail the tunes back to you and so forth

BRIT-LIGHTNING

Established Member
Thanks Mates for all the info ,spoke to Mark@ LFP last night and added more parts to my list based on your feedback I've got to call him tonight (my time) to get the final total with shipping ,
I have to say it again Mark @ LFB is a top geezer :bowdown:
Cheers,
Brit-Lightning.

BRIT-LIGHTNING

Established Member
lightninmike said:
only thing i would also suggest is that you tell him to put the tunes in your Xcal2 in the xtr format that way there you can make minor adjustments as soon as you get it and not have to have him e-mail the tunes back to you and so forth
good point,I'll make sure of that,thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread