The MEGABUSA finally roars to life

Hank

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
SHE'S ALIVE! First crank (okay maybe the 2nd :D) of the MEGABUSA.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Nvu6EcpdE8]YouTube - www.HanksMegabusa.com - 1st Cranking of the Engine[/ame]

Quick stats:
What is it? Westfield Megabusa kit car
Where is it made? Britain
What engine? Hayabusa 1300cc
Total weight: 900lb
Horsepower: 200
Torque: 100
No windshield, no doors, no power anything
Get in, sit down, strap in, shut up, and hang on!

I sold my 2004 Cobra and bought a 2006 EVO IX RS. I sold the EVO to buy this. I was tired of buying cars and trying to turn them into race cars. This time I bought a race car that can be driven on the street. I bought it strictly for lapping/track days on roadcourses.

HanksMegabusa.com for more information.

Comments are welcome.

Hank

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
To be street legal: headlights, taillights, horn, turn signals, seat belts (harnesses), and brakes.

61mmstang94

Established Member
Pretty sweet and should fly and handle perfectly with how light it is.

Also, not that you bought it for this purpose, but what could it run in the quarter mile on street tires?

xtreme02gt

1 Slow GT!
Established Member
Man that thing looks like ALOT of fun!!! Kick ass bro!

Put a turbo on it!!!!!!!!! :rockon:

Last edited:

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
I would do a big bore kit before i do a turbo. Turbo would make it even more peaky. The big bore kit with some nice head work and cams would make it pull throughout the rpm range. But either way its going to rock even stock.

1992sc50

What, its just a 5oh!
Established Member
Thats cool. Should really surprise someone when you pull up on em at the stoplight and they see this.

Hank

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
I really have no idea what it will run in the quarter. It's geared really low. Although I have a 3.36 rear with Quaife LSD, the Hayabusa has a primary reduction inside the tranny of 1.596. That gets me to a final drive of 5.36. Top speed is only 138 mph, but the car really is a brick cutting through the air above 100 mph. Where the car shines is 0-100 mph and hard braking around road courses.

I will consider boost in the future, but I do not want to kill the reliability of the motor. I'm running a dry sump oiling system with 8.5 quarts (oil cooler and long lines to the front of the nose cone). The oil pump is mechanically driven where the water pump used to reside. The water pump I am using is what I believe to be the intercooler water pump on a 2003-2004 Mustang Cobra.

Time to get back in the garage and finish the little things...

Thanks for the compliments!

BuckChoklit

Schooled by Satan
Established Member
I saw a car similar to this at VIR in November. He was running a Yamaha R1 motor though. It looked like a mini Nascar stock-car. It was a faaaaaaaast little car.

mustang_00

Established Member
anyone know if the same engine would fit into a smart car???
the ultimate sleeper... Autoblog

900lbs would be way funner than 1500 but the looks would be priceless

Users who are viewing this thread