The M112 will sing, the day is upon us.

HIErPwRd

Established Member
On the 11th hour of this Friday March 31, 2006, the Eaton M112 will sing...
Opened wide it will cry out a joyous song for all to hear, as there is so much to be celebrated, 13 years of hard work and heart ache, the automotive world as it was once known will never be the same.

Three letters exemplifying so much to so many of us.
.S V T.

As the second hand slowly ticks on, this is indeed the last page of the final chapter.
A book so few were ever given the opportunity to read.

I remember when I first heard that Colletti was said to have left the team.
Didnt completely make sense to me, but in my eyes he as much as anyone, was responsible for taking just another 'pony car' and crafting it into something that somehow triggered an indescribeable passion inside of me.
Only a car, right?
yeah.
I suppose so.

If it werent for the 2003 Cobra, I would have 1000's of hours- literally- put towards other relationships, projects, career moves, prayer, working out etc.
Most would argue that the time invested into this 'interest' could have been more constructively spent- I dont know that I could disagree.

A hard drive cluttered with videos and images, a decent familiarity with one particular make and model vehicle, an all but depleted budget and an ever present craving for the next modification.
Off hand I suppose that is all I have to show for what most would say is nothing more than an interest or hobby.

Outside of that I have a passion and a sincere appreciation.
Thats what really matters, and I know I speak for most all of you.
The Cobra epitomizes as well as any other sports car out there what a middle class All American man can work for and someday have the opportunity to drive.
For me it was a dream.
For 2+ years...
"Oh Three Cobra"- countless times the phrase would come to mind no matter what my day might entail.
The rare occasion I might see one on the street, read about one in the magazines, even just day dreaming and pondering as to what it must be like to own one.
The dozens and dozens of times I would replay Blades 'What it is to burn' video..
A true fascination.

I finally bought my first Terminator earlier this month, and yeah its quicker, alot more graceful and a little bit more refined that my 99, but yep- its only a car.
And you all are right, its not perfect.
But I love it.
And I wholeheartedly appreciate all the work that was put into developing this car, and equally as much I appreciate the passion so many of you have shown on this forum.

I have spoken with a number of SVT reps and to an extent, they know my appreciation.
I figured it was only right to express my graditude to you all.

I celebrate with you and perhaps for sometime we may mourn.

At 11:59pm of this 31st Day of March Two Thousand and Six, the M112 will sing out in celebration.

As midnight falls upon us the M112 will again cry out.
It is done.

McFly

Pants!
Established Member
:rockon:

May SVT live on in our memories and engines!
:burnout:

...but this makes me so sad.... :whine: :(

Last edited:

madmatt

Stockishly Slow
Established Member
Damn, that really was deep. Just because SVT dies, that doesnt mean the passion does.

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
I love my Cobra, beyond any words I could express. And now that SVT is no longer........

I'll take $75000 for my Cobra..............

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I love the Ford aftermarket!
My 03 Cobra just moaned in the garage. :(

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
Are you guys positive SVT is done? Where are your sources? What lead to this decision? I thought SVT was doing well with the most Cobras ever sold under the name SVT during the 03-04 run.

einzatgroupen

03 cobra
Established Member
Come on people! Thankfully it was only SVT this time. When Ford Dropped the Fox( 79-93 ) Mustang. They were going to be replace the mustang with the probe!!!!!!! Thank God John Colletti, and SVT were their to stop that, and further our interests. I for one will not be sad today! I will be happy that I get to own an SVT masterpiece.

einzatgroupen

03 cobra
Established Member
BigBeez03 said:
Are you guys positive SVT is done? Where are your sources? What lead to this decision? I thought SVT was doing well with the most Cobras ever sold under the name SVT during the 03-04 run.
Call! They have been picking up as ford racing for over a month.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
BigBeez03 said:
Where have you been?

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
It's the same feeling you'd get if you were cruisin around the world in your rocket then suddenly the earth exploded...kinda.

Users who are viewing this thread