the loudest ~2000+ mustang GT i've ever heard...

caindo

Established Member
well i was cruisin on 215 this morning and just hangin with traffic. We approach another light and i hear this wretchidly (is that a word???) LOUD rev, and think to myself "oh....my.... god, thats balls". As the light turned green i started picking my way through traffic to see WHAT in the HELL could have made that sound, then i see it, a white w/ 2 orange racing stripes, mustang gt. I tell myself, no WAY in gods name did that 4.6 modular make that sound of sex. So the next light is coming up and i'm puttin the pedal down to get up to him before it gets green. the car behind him decides they need to take my clear lane and hog my prey's right side. i sneak up to his 6 and wait to pounce, then i hear him rev, and my ears proceeded to bleed there-after (yes, it was THAT loud). light goes green and the modular ford creation start inhaling the oxygenated atmosphere and spitting fuel on it to move it's mass forward. He's barely getting on it and im lunging behind him waiting for the hit. He goes to second and starts adding RPM and soon after i goto the bottom of second and as luck would have it he gags it. I know im stuck for a second, in second, awaiting the Ls2 to realize whats going on and that i need full power NOW. As im waiting for 2nd to expire, i realize, even with my windows down, i can not hear one note from my car, all i can hear is a pissed off modular 4.6 goin for gold. I top second and kick out 3rd and by 75 or so i make a break for the right lane so i dont plow into the mustangs bumper as the goat starts grazin on grass. by 90 i pokin my nose to his nose and let off due to traffic. he stays in it and has made a right at the next light and progressed a few hundred yards before i even get there.

Not once during this whole ordeal did he look over or anything. Not one ounce of expression. Thats too bad, i was goin to give him some props.

Anyhow... thats my story. :coolman:

ps. 05 gto 6spd.

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
Nice kill.......We have a guy here that has a Stage 3 Roush with a SLP O/R x pipe and the SLP loud mouth....That car is retarded loud.....

caindo

Established Member
im going to have a look-see around the boards, maybe i can find him. seriously, it was pro-stock loud.

thenoz

SHUT THE F*CK UP CHARLES
Established Member
was it o/r x raspy? my guess is long tubes,m o/r x and some kind of loud mufflers... maybe slp.

JR-S3

Its a GT....I Swear
Established Member
Probably SLP w/ a o/r pipe. Its loud as balls. I know. And the only way to tell if it was x or h, is it will have x chatter at around 2k and then get quieter and at 2700 on, its redonkulous.

bryan

Last edited:

StangJason

Established Member
Well my friends car was that loud one time when he was on his way to the muffler shop with just headers on his car.

SlowSVT

Established Member
I wonder how long that will last? What he is doing is announcing his presents and what he's doing to every cop in a 5 mile radius. Loud can be cool sometimes if it sounds good. But I bet he doesn't have too many friends in the neighborhood when he comes home late of leaves early. All he is doing is trying to draw attention to himself but he is too childish to realize most the attention is not favorable. Very similar to a Harley with straight pipes.

stangfreak

Established Member
nice race man!! about the exhaust note............

i was on francis lewis, a old hot spot here in new york, when this 99+ gt rolled up. O.M.F.G!!!! i am not lieing, this thing sounded so so fuggen loud it wasnt even funny. and it sounded amazing!!! the car still have a perfect tone and rumble even with all that noise man. i dont know what he had but i wish i had a video camera, my friend was like, dude what in gods name is that. lol

longrodLX

Established Member
he came to one of our meetings. he has gears and all the bolt ons with full basani exhaust with slp catback i think :bored:

caindo

Established Member
longrodLX said:
he came to one of our meetings. he has gears and all the bolt ons with full basani exhaust with slp catback i think :bored:

thats good to know, thanks.

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
I bet it was a cutout, my boys has them on his 02 GT and if is ****ing loud, sounds like a pro stock drag car comming down the street.

Andrew@

This is Paradise!!
Established Member
My mustang GT is godly loud, Long tubes, x-pipe (w/ no cats), and and SLP loudmouth made that ear drum shattering sound.

stangman701

Rowing gears
Established Member
I drove my 85 gt around for a few weeks with open LT's. That was a fun two weeks. It would shoot flames out the collectors if you gave it a quick rev. When I had people in the car we couldn't talk to each other even if we yelled. Thats back when I lived in WV though, I don't think I'd try that here in town.

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
LightningMedic said:
Nice kill.......We have a guy here that has a Stage 3 Roush with a SLP O/R x pipe and the SLP loud mouth....That car is retarded loud.....
I had the SLP O/R X and catback on my car for 2 weeks. I went back to the stock catback. I couldn't handle the headaches.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
People are probably right about the SLP catback. Those things are obnoxiously loud. Sound like crap IMO. Sounds like a fat bitch on crack farting non-stop.

Users who are viewing this thread