The look on this z06 owners face... Priceless!

Terminator03

banned
I was rolling out to a car show this morning and saw a electron blue z06 with tinted windows at a red light this morning. As I approached the open lane the light turned green. The owner obviously slowed up considerably so he could stage up with me on a roll. Once I got to his back bumper I gave it a second gear thrust to get even with him. I think the thrust combined with exhaust and tire squeeling was enough though. Cause as I looked over at him I saw a cocky smile fading into a frown. When I got door to door the look on his face as he was starring at me was like I just banged his girlfriend. He thought he was a pimp until he saw the beast. He instantly turned forward and kept going as if he forgot I was next to him. I'd have to say it was priceless.

tommygun

Established Member
brake boost the car at like 35mph, get the tires spinning. thats a great way to get someone to look at you funny

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member
I never pick on Z06, I let them pick on me first. Most think I got a stock Cobra until I let all of the Mr KB do the thing. Good kill.

wicked03snake

Established Member
a supercharged z06 beat me today but not bad considering that i had three passegers including me and a car that weighs 500lbs more to start with. all i had in the way of performance gains is 2.8 pulley,chip,cai he didnt quite have a full car length and i even spun like hell at the redlight and tc kicked in. i pulled up at the next redlight and he told me not to try it cuz he had a s/c too. wow it only took him 60k dollars to beat my mildly modded 35k car.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by wicked03snake
a supercharged z06 beat me today but not bad considering that i had three passegers including me and a car that weighs 500lbs more to start with. all i had in the way of performance gains is 2.8 pulley,chip,cai he didnt quite have a full car length and i even spun like hell at the redlight and tc kicked in. i pulled up at the next redlight and he told me not to try it cuz he had a s/c too. wow it only took him 60k dollars to beat my mildly modded 35k car.
I don't like vettes any more than the next guy, but if you lost don't try to justify it.

2003snake

Established Member
Originally posted by tommygun
brake boost the car at like 35mph, get the tires spinning. thats a great way to get someone to look at you funny

Please explain

wicked03snake

Established Member
thats the point. we're thrown into the league of cars of much more expensive,much lighter, much larger engines. i didnt expect to win but i didnt expect to stay that close. simple science says that a larger engine with equal boost and less weight is going to win. i think he had tuning probs cuz a s/c z06 should have thrown me in the gutter. i have almost 1000 more pounds of weight

Juiced-03

Established Member
Originally posted by tommygun

how is this done?? :idea: :D

goinbyu

Run what ya brung. Nobody cares how much was paid or what mods either of you had. First place gets the nod and second place gets back to the garage.

ZO6 DUST

Established Member
I don't get caught up in the he has/she has unless I lose. Then as a courtesy I would like to know what I lost to.....so many lie though.

We all measure our cars, a supercharger for a Z is not 10K, and an 03 Z as far as that goes can be had for around 43-45K if you don't mind 2K miles. I purchased my blower for 4,300.00. There is still a difference in price, and the SVT is a strong competitor especially when modded. I have read several threads where a "Pully Package" on a SVT walks a ZO6 on the highway. ZO6 owners this, it's no secret.

I get real serious when approaching an SVT, you just don't know what's been done to the car and driver error on my part could potentially be embarassing.......I got my ass served to me by a gutted FoxBody with a blower and who knows what else. We ran from a 40/60 mph roll and he slowly pulled me. That's why I added the NX Kit, but I never made excuses to the Mustang driver.....he won fair and square and I gave him props.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Originally posted by wicked03snake

Gay post. It's not about the money spent. Go buy a $5,000 fox body and dump $30,000 into and run 9's or better. I don't see your point. You got ass whipped. Give credit where credit is due.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Forgot to give you props. Sorry about that Terminator03. Badass car you've got there. No doubt about it.

wicked03snake

Established Member
im not making excuses i knew i would be beat regardless of from a roll or a dead stop. i just wanted to see how bad. besides i know the guy and i enjoy seein him put the smack on the fox bodied guys with a 200 shot and a cam from hell. his car is sleeper except for the whine. but his tune could be better id say he would only see mid 11s on the track. besides he did the blower just for me and another guy because we both hurt him bad when he first bought the car and yes he paid 55k for it new. the fastest street car we have around here is a 79 toyota truck with a built 350 in it. that thing screams on the track to a 9.40 et. impressive.

tommygun

Established Member
Brake Boost 101

2nd gear roll
hold gas to the floor
hold brakes just enough to let tires start to spin
my car will do it up to about 40mph

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
tommygun 101

Met tommy a few weeks back
Met a couple of tommy's friends
Heard some tommy stories
Tommy is CRAZY!

Just joking tommygun. I work with a guy at Ford. Can't remember his name. Believe he is a Millright. He has a Tahoe, but he used to have a modded dark green C4 vette. He told me you drove it once and ran a faster time than he ever did the entire time he owned it. He's the one that told me you were crazy.

tommygun

Established Member
Yup Shane Coon, nice guy and yes he needs some driving lessons :D

Users who are viewing this thread