The little things you learn...

Mac99Snake

GSIP
Established Member
Today started as a "What did I do for my Terminator" day. I went down yesterday and picked up some oil and filter for a change. The 1000 miles I put on her going to the 50th at Charlotte, hit my change interval. So, out with the old and in with the new.

DSC_0001_zps04b87a89.jpg

With that all finished, I had some time to take a look at my ABS. While driving back from the 50th, my ABS light illuminated. Time for some investigation. I checked and cleaned all the wheel sensors (light still illuminated), picked up an OBDII/ABS reader, which failed to connect with the module and lastly stopped by my tuner to see if it was the chip (it wasn't).

As luck would have it, I had a spare computer from my totaled 99 coupe. A quick search online led to a Youtube video with directions on how to remove the computer without removing the ABS pump. 1.5 hrs later and the problem / light is fixed. Here are some pictures of the old computer. It appears that sometime prior to my owning her, the ABS unit was repaired / replaced. You can see all the corrosion on the sensors and if you look close enough the black plastic cover on the computer was opened and then RTV'd back together. At least now I know..

DSC_0002_zpsc5978112.jpg

DSC_0003_zps05292bfb.jpg

DSC_0004_zps357c5c06.jpg

DSC_0005_zpsb9730eab.jpg

It looks like someone wrote "Team RPM" on the computer. <shrug> Oh, if you plan on doing this, definitely have a T-20 torx driver.

The more you know...

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Good job OP the Abs modules on 99-04 Cobra's are notorious for failures mine went out right before I sold my 01.

Users who are viewing this thread