The Lincoln LS put down 322rwhp and 339 rwtq SAE at the dyno today!

rocket5979

Established Member
Well I finally took the LS to the dyno so I could tune it today. From baseline to final run the car picked up 92 rwhp over the previous. The particular dyno I took the car to reads usually about 20rwhp low. Going by the 1/4 mile ET's traps speeds and by the mods I have I know the car puts down 255rwhp or very very close to it. The baseline was only 230rwhp which is about where a stock 03+ LS would dyno which means that the dyno reads about 20-25 rwhp lower than actual. As the title says, the car still put down 322rwhp and 339rwtq SAE running pig rich (10:1 A/F) and in hot weather. The biggest thing I took from it all was that I gained 92rwhp over the baseline which is better than I thought it would do. Once I lean it out and run it on a dyno that doesn't read so low it will be putting down 350+rwhp SAE. Right now it should squeak in a high 12.9 in the 1/4 mile. Once I lean it out a little more it should be able to hit 12.9's more easily once I learn how to drive it again.

Rockets 05 LS dynotune vid

Once I get the dyno operator to email me the .DRF files I will post a screenshot of the best run too. Enjoy!

Oh BTW, this is my DD. The Explorer will be much much much faster...

rocket5979

Established Member
spike_africa said:
kick ass i have been wanting to see a modded Ls for soo long. its just to quiet for me.

I like it quiet. :D It means I can sneak up on unsuspecting prey easier that way. I would say the the LS is more of a sleeper than the Kenne Bell Explorer is now.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I'm not up to date as much on the LS as I need to be. I've been hunting an LS V8 for my daily driver car. Reasonably priced LS that is. ;-) I've heard they had some probs with the transmissions in them though. Has yours been holding fine with the extra hp? I'd love to see an LS with twin turbos on it. :drool:

rocket5979

Established Member
GR8WHITE said:
I'm not up to date as much on the LS as I need to be. I've been hunting an LS V8 for my daily driver car. Reasonably priced LS that is. ;-) I've heard they had some probs with the transmissions in them though. Has yours been holding fine with the extra hp? I'd love to see an LS with twin turbos on it. :drool:

You probably are pretty up to date. hehe. My LS is most likely the fastest stock engined LS in the country right about now. The reason for that is because there just aren't any mods for them really. Just a few minor bolt ons and that is it. I got a little creative with mine though.

Some have had problems with their trannies, but that isn't the case with a lot of them. I haven't been running the nitrous much so I cannot really say how well it is holding up yet. However, my Explorer has the same transmission (very very similar) and it is holding up to 500 horsepower going through it so far just fine. For the ocassional shot of juice I think the stock LS tranny will be ok as long as whomever is driving it doesn't do anything too stupid.

Last edited:

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
A few years ago, I saw a video of a 4V 4.6-based 6-speed lincoln LS. Correct me if im wrong, but might have been an FR500 crate motor.

I would like to see more modifications to the 3.9 V8, though. That would be neat.

what do you have done?

-Homer

rocket5979

Established Member
IUP99snake said:
A few years ago, I saw a video of a 4V 4.6-based 6-speed lincoln LS. Correct me if im wrong, but might have been an FR500 crate motor.

I would like to see more modifications to the 3.9 V8, though. That would be neat.

what do you have done?

-Homer

The LS that you seen was a 2 valve 4.6 with a roots charger on it. It was part of the OLOA races a few years ago. Very stout car. Did impress quite a few people.

The 3.9 V8 is hard to mod because no one makes anything for them. I called Oliver Racing about a year ago and asked them how much the ballpark would be for getting a custom set of connecting rods made for these 3.9's. Well I forget exactly what number ws given to me, but I do remember that my heart almost fell out of my chest!

Modlist: Back when they didn't make any kind of real decent CAI that functioned and also looked presentable I fabbed my own CAI for it with a slot-in MAS adapter plate to bolt it into an older typical MAS housing. I also have an SCT Xcal2 with a tune on it. Then a Nitous Works 100 shot wet nitrous, NOS custom purge, NX/FJO Programmable MINI-Progressive nitrous controller <---That is a badass little piece of equipment!!! Stock exhaust for stealth purposes. :-D

Last edited:

rocket5979

Established Member
Duende said:
What about the aftermarket for these cars suspension-wise?

There are a few lowering kits out there. But as for handling? It is already quite stellar. I know the handling in my LS is really tight but still comfortable.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I love my dads's 01 LS V8. It handles great and rides nicely.

I'm going to have a local fab shop make a CAI for it to replace the stupid plastic one for his Birthday.

He also wants an exhaust system.

rocket5979

Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
I love my dads's 01 LS V8. It handles great and rides nicely.

I'm going to have a local fab shop make a CAI for it to replace the stupid plastic one for his Birthday.

He also wants an exhaust system.

For the 00-02 LS V8's there already is a CAI offered. Go to lskoncepts.com or something like that and take a look in there. There is a polished or chrome CAI tube you can get. There are a few parts of it that are jacked up, but with a small amount of redesigning it will turn out real good.

Magnaflow offers an exhaust for them too. One of my buddies has one and I must say it is REAL quiet! I guess it all depends on what sound you want. Had I not seen the tips I would not have known there even was an aftermarket exhaust on there.

Last edited:

NotoriousJaegs

~There Goes My Hero~
Established Member
rocket5979 said:
The 3.9 V8 is hard to mod because no one makes anything for them. I called Oliver Racing about a year ago and asked them how much the ballpark would be for getting a custom set of connecting rods made for these 3.9's. Well I forget exactly what number ws given to me, but I do remember that my heart almost fell out of my chest!

You could be like ten steps ahead of me here, but what kind of internals did they use in the R model Jaguars of the late 90's/early 2000's? I'm honestly not sure if they had more beefy pistons, rods, etc... than the Lincoln engine, but maybe worth a look :shrug:

rocket5979

Established Member
NotoriousJaegs said:
You could be like ten steps ahead of me here, but what kind of internals did they use in the R model Jaguars of the late 90's/early 2000's? I'm honestly not sure if they had more beefy pistons, rods, etc... than the Lincoln engine, but maybe worth a look :shrug:

If I were to dive into my engine I would just go fully forged or swap to an aluminum 4.6 SOHC I will soon have laying around. It would be cool to mod this car for a serious shot of nitrous but 100 shot will do for now. I have a much much more expensive car project that has been sucking all of my money for the last few years, which doesn't leave much left over for this car.

Users who are viewing this thread